17 inch wheels will they fit

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
OKCR2G
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Okc, Ok

17 inch wheels will they fit

Post by OKCR2G »

I am looking at putting 17 inch wheels on a 71 D100 long bed, here is the short of it.

Plan on having disks on the front to start, then later add the disks on rear. However I need to make certain that these will work on all configurations..

Here are the wheel stats: Up for sale on Ebay but have found a local set for $$ more than current auction sale.

Here are the specs:
Rim Material: Alloy
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.53 or 5 x 115
Rim Width: 7J
Rim Brand: Dodge Charger Factory, OEM
Rim Diameter (inches): 17
Rim Structure: One Piece
Offset: 22
Number of Bolts: 5
Condition: Used

Has anyone done this or evaluated the use of the newer Disk Brake Wheels on the D100?
I may have to use a spacer but certainly like the ride / handling of the larger diameter wheels and the way they look.

This is my first question posted, but as I get this project under way I am certain there will be more.

HighDesertDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by HighDesertDodge »

The back space is what you have to worry about. I run a set of 17's on my 88 Dodge 250 4x4. I have tried the wheels off my 05 Dodge on it. But the back space is wrong. It makes the wheels set in too far.
Well on my way to becoming that eccentric old man in every town.(crazy as a s#@thouse rat) With a yard full of desireable old vehicles that tells you, Sorry they're not for sale..... Someday I'm going to fix them.

OKCR2G
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Okc, Ok

Post by OKCR2G »

HighDesertDodge wrote:The back space is what you have to worry about. I run a set of 17's on my 88 Dodge 250 4x4. I have tried the wheels off my 05 Dodge on it. But the back space is wrong. It makes the wheels set in too far.
I was aware of offset issues, however these wheels are FWD wheels and the offset will be much more than the older RWD or 4WD trucks. Thanks for the input, since you tried a set it verifies my suspissions of not fitting. Good info! yeah!

I've looked at some that craggar manufactures that have a 4" offset, but until I can do some measurements (Truck is not here yet) I think I have to refrain form jumping on any wheel. Far more issues with "don't fit" than ones that do.

From what I can see there are many who have tried to put Ford and Chrystler wheels on their trucks but not many who have not done any suspension mods. For now one will remain stock with turbine wheels (15") driver beater, and the other truck will be the one that gets modified.

Thanks again for the info Much appreciated...