Mixing Radials and Bias Plys On A 69 D200

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
MOPARHOUND
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City, KS

Mixing Radials and Bias Plys On A 69 D200

Post by MOPARHOUND »

Years ago when Bias Plys were far and away more in use than today, it was a no-no to mix them on a vehicle.

My back tires are worn, with one down to the cords. Looking to put radials on the rear, and keep the bias ply on the front. Okay to do this?

Or, was the mixing of Radials and Bias Plys no-no for just on the same axle?

The 440 Magnum's torque, and a busted U-bolt has the passenger side rear showing cords (click on pic):

Last edited by MOPARHOUND on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Re: Mixing Radials and Bias Plys On A 69 D200

Post by Seabee »

MOPARHOUND wrote:Years ago when Bias Plys were far and away more in use than today, it was a no-no to mix them on a vehicle.

My back tires are worn, with one down to the cords. Looking to put radials on the rear, but I have bias on the front.

Was mixing Radials and Bias Plys for just on the same axle? Or, was it for any position on the vehicle?

The 440 Magnum's torque, and a busted U-bolt has the passenger side rear showing cords (click on pic):

I did at one time (many moons ago) have 700-15 bias on the back and L-15 radials on the front of my truck. It worked ok. Definitely bad news to mix them on an axle.

MOPARHOUND
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City, KS

Post by MOPARHOUND »

Talked to a tire shop last night, and the owner said the same type on the same axle is okay, but mixing them on the same axle is the no-no.