1960 D100 suspension upgrades

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Stevo01
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

1960 D100 suspension upgrades

Post by Stevo01 »

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has swapped front ends on a 1960 D100 2wd

I would like to do this any info would be Great thx

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Front end swap

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

lots of people have done things to the front end. Its just a matter if you want to make improvements with the straight axle or do you want IFS. to get everything you need in one place, with alternative as far as coil over shocks, air bags, go to http://www.fatmanfab.com if you just want to get you some good Rancharo 5000 shocks and drop the front end 3" then http://www.eatonsprings.com there is also a place to have the straight axle stretched and droped 3" don't have the address but someone could post it for us. I still have the staight axle and Ranchero 5000 shocks all the way around and the improvement is 95% better, I play with anybody, the body roll cornerind is next to nothing, one thing to keep in mind when you go to the IFS suspesion you'll be gaining more moving parts that will need replacing in the future, which tranlate's to more money, Straight axle's have 3 moving parts and keep alignment better (look at all the big trucks and heavy duty rigs, all have straight axle, less maintenance) last time I had a front ent alignment 1990 tires wear good and the 440 tracks straight down the highway :goodpost

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

There's lots of options. First you have to decide what you want, which is always the toughest. IFS can be alot of work and keep the truck out of commission for a while, but provides a great ride as well as better parts availability. But with not alot of work the original straight axle isn't so bad either.

My advice is to read read read. Do some searching on this board on the subject. Lots of talk lately about it.

:welcome And BTW, we love picts here. :lol:
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

Rumbles1960
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Essex
State: Foreign

Re: 1960 D100 suspension upgrades

Post by Rumbles1960 »

Hey Guys I just bought a 1960 D100 Swepline short box, I was pleased to find out it had a straight axle. I'm going to be lowering it probably using Eaton Detroit spring products. I would never consider changing it out! :2cents
1960 D 100 Sweptline Short Box
1986 Dodge Short Box (waiting to get older)
2006 Dodge Dakota (Daily Driver)