1963 dodge d300 rear shocks -elusive

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
wally

1963 dodge d300 rear shocks -elusive

Post by wally »

I have looked for info on why I have no rear shocks, but to no avail. I am almost done with the restoration, and figure now is a good time to see if anyone has an image, or a link to a good photo, before I bounce around the streets (bad memories). I have heavy springs in the rear, and do not want the farm truck on the highway ride that I had before -help? Did these even have them from the factory?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I'm pretty sure the 300 series trucks never came with factory rear shocks.

wally

d300 rear shocks

Post by wally »

thats what I thought. Sounds curious, that such tight springs, they would let the truck go without some sort of dampening. I will keep looking, but I was hoping this wasn't true. I have been driving this truck for 15 years, and my back is feeling the time. any mods people have done? anything I can do?

dylansd100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dylansd100 »

I would just go to napa and buy some shocks for a 100 series truck and make some mounts. That shouldn't be too hard.
69 d100 adventurer 318 four bbl.
727 / 3.55 rear

Massively Over Powered And Respected
Mutilates Other People At Races

OldDodges
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Georgia
State: GA

Post by OldDodges »

rear shocks on a D300 were an option, at least in the later years. My D300 has it, but it's also loaded out, so, it was probably a top of the line option deal. Just picked up new shocks for mine awhile back as I was in that point of the resto, only shock I could find was a Rancho. No other company listed a rear shock for the D300. pm me with your e-mail and I send you a few picks of what it looks like.

Kyle
OldDodges.com -- Home of the Bighorn Registry

1970 Dodge D300 (Restored)
2010 Dodge Ram 1500

HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Post by HEtkind »

Rancho shocks are VERY good...try http://www.gorancho.com

I just put a set of Rancho's on the rear of my 2007 Ram 1500 ST, waiting on the fronts to show up,

I will also order a set for the 68 D100 short narrow, RS5114 is for the front, and RS5116 on the back (or I might have them switched) as soon as the back ordered shocks for the front of the truck comes in.

I had to wait 4 months after buying the new truck for Rancho to do their fit test and supply the new shock numbers. The stock shocks on the 2007 Ram are GARBAGE.

I should also get a set for the 62 town wagon to replace the ones that have been on for 8 years...

Howard
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

HEtkind wrote:Rancho shocks are VERY good...try http://www.gorancho.com

I just put a set of Rancho's on the rear of my 2007 Ram 1500 ST, waiting on the fronts to show up,

I will also order a set for the 68 D100 short narrow, RS5114 is for the front, and RS5116 on the back (or I might have them switched) as soon as the back ordered shocks for the front of the truck comes in.

I had to wait 4 months after buying the new truck for Rancho to do their fit test and supply the new shock numbers. The stock shocks on the 2007 Ram are GARBAGE.

I should also get a set for the 62 town wagon to replace the ones that have been on for 8 years...

Howard
I put a set of RS5000's on my '68 W200 :Thumbsup
John

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

Our W300 doesn't have any shocks in the back either. I think that they figured shocks were not going to help the 1 tons because it is such a rough riding truck.

Power Man
1962 W100 - NV4500- LU2 winch Looking for a 4BT!
1965 W200 CC 12 Valve P-Pump, HX35/S475, 5x12s, pushrods, 60# springs, 55 DVs, NV4500
1965 D100-> W100 Town Wagon 225 Slant - NP435

wally

Post by wally »

I ma going to put them on anyway. I bought some stuff off ebay, that will allow me to make some brackets, etc. This truck does ride pretty rough, but I know shocks would cancel out some of the hard blows in the rear end.

thanks again kyle, for sending the images. If you have a couple of where exactly you placed the frame brackets, and the brackets themselves, that would be great. I still need to fab those particular brackets.

OldDodges
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Georgia
State: GA

Post by OldDodges »

i'll have access to the truck again about the middle of next week, so i'll try and take a few pics and get some measurements for ya.

Kyle
OldDodges.com -- Home of the Bighorn Registry

1970 Dodge D300 (Restored)
2010 Dodge Ram 1500