Brake Hose Help!

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Brake Hose Help!

Post by steven »

I cant get the dang brake hoses off the frame on the front. I dont want to wreck them, I called NAPA, $30 apiece!

Could someone kindly tell me how to take them off. I have a 5/8 line wrench on the outside, and a 15/16 wrench on the inside to hold that big nut. Is this how they come off??? :withstupid :banghead
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Steve,

I assume you have already removed the steel line from the hose end seat on the inside of the frame.Now all you have to do is spray some PB blaster on the threads on the outside of the hose end, on the inside of frame,and turn that 15/16"nut on the inside,clockwise as you are looking at it from outside the frame,or counter clockwise if you have your head inside the frame looking out,while holding the 5/8 hose end solid on the outside.If your tubing wrench wont hold,put a GOOD pair of vise grips TIGHT and SOLID on the 5/8 hose end.Everything should come apart. :Thumbsup

Doug

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

digdoug wrote:Steve,

I assume you have already removed the steel line from the hose end seat on the inside of the frame.Now all you have to do is spray some PB blaster on the threads on the outside of the hose end, on the inside of frame,and turn that 15/16"nut on the inside,clockwise as you are looking at it from outside the frame,or counter clockwise if you have your head inside the frame looking out,while holding the 5/8 hose end solid on the outside.If your tubing wrench wont hold,put a GOOD pair of vise grips TIGHT and SOLID on the 5/8 hose end.Everything should come apart. :Thumbsup

Doug
Doug, I cut that steel line off, I didnt want to mess with a rusty line that I couldnt get at. I was afraid that I was doing it right :lol: Its real rusty. I dont want to heat it, but it might come down to that if the lube doesnt help. I'll let you know what happens.

(Yes the brake fluid is blown out of the line, I heated a line once accidently, and, it'll never happen again :lol: )
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO