leaf springs

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

leaf springs

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

New from the factory, good price :Thumbsup

Reissued Mopar Performance Kit Car leaf springs are ideal for oval track applications. These springs are widely used on dirt track race cars. The spring rate is 120 lbs. per inch. Front 20.50", Rear 35.0".

Add Part # Description Price Addl. Info

P4529414 Oval Track Leaf Spring — No Arch $92.00 None
P4529415 Oval Track Leaf Spring — 1" Arch $92.00 None

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

I hoped to see a couple of good surviving 'kit cars' in a show but have yet to find one. Anybody think of making sort of a streetable clone with aftermarket tube chassis and some Volare/Roadrunner sheetmetal?

I think it'd be cool.

sayswho

Post by sayswho »

dont know much about springs other than not to get them to hot or the spring rate changes, summit has the multi leaf and the mono leaf for race chassis and chrysler b and e body leafs, is it possible to use a mono leaf spring on a d-100, if not about how much dose the :censored thing weigh

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

leaf springs

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

yes the mono has been used the sweptline D100 are lighter than cars, except A body's a 1969-1971 with 318 would weigh slightly over 3700 lbs, /6 would be 3600, I have lost alot of the heavy stuff, tailgate, bumper, bumper, mis engine parts and with a 440/727 weighs around 3600lbs or less, hard to beat the lightness of the trucks :Thumbsup

sayswho

Post by sayswho »

on the mono leaf it is described as 5'x .323', 4 1/4 arch, nominal rate 64 , please make this easy for the stupid, namely me