E-Brake Cable Install

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pendleton
State: OR

E-Brake Cable Install

Post by irontwist »

W-200 I'm installing emergency brake cable from equalizer to right rear brake and need to know how and what position the 2 cable clamps attach to Spicer 60 differential carrier cover. It will be great having a e-brake. Thanks

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: E-Brake Cable Install

Post by Hobcobble »

irontwist wrote:W-200 I'm installing emergency brake cable from equalizer to right rear brake and need to know how and what position the 2 cable clamps attach to Spicer 60 differential carrier cover. It will be great having a e-brake. Thanks
For the brake cable, don't those clamps attach to the frame cross member
above the axle?

John

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Hobcobble wrote:
irontwist wrote:W-200 I'm installing emergency brake cable from equalizer to right rear brake and need to know how and what position the 2 cable clamps attach to Spicer 60 differential carrier cover. It will be great having a e-brake. Thanks
For the brake cable, don't those clamps attach to the frame cross member
above the axle?

John

Think your right John. 2 Bolt to frame clamp that secure from left side to right side. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by irontwist »

My W-200 never had the right rear cable so I had no idea where the to cable clamps attached, I will look for those attachment points that was pointed out in the last reply. The used replacement cable that I bought came from a Power Wagon with the clamps so I should see on the truck where they go? Thanks

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

irontwist wrote:My W-200 never had the right rear cable so I had no idea where the to cable clamps attached, I will look for those attachment points that was pointed out in the last reply. The used replacement cable that I bought came from a Power Wagon with the clamps so I should see on the truck where they go? Thanks
Cross member ahead of one shocks bolt to if I remember correctly. Should be 2 holes for clamps. :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by irontwist »

Figured it out when I found the two holes you spoke of. Thanks for your response.