225 Exhaust Manifold question

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
65Dodge100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: GA

225 Exhaust Manifold question

Post by 65Dodge100 »

Can anyone tell me which years/models of 225 slant 6s have the same exhaust manifold as my 64-65 D-100? I need one but I’d like to make sure that I don’t have to monkey around getting new exhaust to match up to it.

OR!

Am I being too picky? These things are everywhere right? How hard is it going to be for me to find one?

Dan
Dan

73_Adventurer_Sport
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lindale, Texas

Post by 73_Adventurer_Sport »

All slant exhaust manifolds are interchangeable, but the choke well is different and later versions had vacuum taps that can be plugged. Later manifolds are more resistant to warping and cracking because they have reinforcing ribs cast in.

Sorry, I don't have the information about which years used which chokes.

No matter which year you use, you will probably find used manifolds will be warped and not fit properly. Sometimes the mating surface can be machined after fitting with the intake.

Uncracked manifolds are getting hard to find, but they offer Asian-made replacements on e-bay, though I've never seen one.

Whatever you do, when you find a manifold, install it exactly like the factory spec specifies,or you will have problems.

Otterdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Drexel
State: MO

RE: slant six exhaust manifolds

Post by Otterdodge »

65Dodge100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 65Dodge100 »

Thanks guys.

That exhaust manifold page is the COOLEST thing that I’ve seen today and I’ve been researching since 3 AM. That page has been bookmarked and will be kept safe until the next computer crash.

I haven’t looked at it in a long time and I had no idea that it was that involved. But I just went out to make sure and all of the original nuts and washers are still on it. I don’t think it’s ever been taken off. And I have a manual choke so the stove pocket won’t matter.

I've been looking around some though and my broken manifold is the only one that I've seen so far.

Dan
Dan

73_Adventurer_Sport
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lindale, Texas

Post by 73_Adventurer_Sport »

Here's one opinion of the aftermarket parts:

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

65Dodge100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 65Dodge100 »

Argh :banghead

Thanks for the reminder. I saw them earlier and forgot all about them because they only listed it back to 70'. Now that I see that doesn't matter, I guess that is where to get one!
Dan

Otterdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Drexel
State: MO

re: 225 exhaust manifold

Post by Otterdodge »

Did you every get your exhaust manifold installed? Just curious because I completed mine last night, I recvd mine from 1aauto and it fit right up. It is difficult to get the triangular washers on the two center studs under the carb but I found a long flex magnet will do the trick. :Thumbsup