oil breather cap

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

oil breather cap

Post by HEtkind »

I was a busy, busy boy last week. Pickud up the LA318 long block at lunch on Monday, and painted it with three cans of chyrsler orange that afternoon. Wednesday, I mated it with the transmission and dropped her in, and by Thursday afternoon, was driving it around the neighborhood. I did decide, based on lack of effective choke on original manifold to go with a Holley 2300 350 cfm carb and aftermarket 14"x3" air cleaner missing the PVC nipple.

Now, I have been looking on like for the correct push on bottom breather oil filler cap, I see the ones for the CAST VALVE covers, and I see the HEMI reproduction ones, does anyone know which one I need for the plain steel valve covers? I looks to be the same one my 62 Town Wagon uses with the /6. Do I order the 1.22" size?

Oh, with the fresh motor and tranmission, 3.90 gears and a sure grip, it goes like a scalded dog...MUCH faster than the much heavier and smaller engined Town Wagon.

Howard
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

it 's the same oil cap , or plug in style , as the /6 has
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Post by HEtkind »

right, it IS the same oil cap, but I only have ONE of the bottom vented types and I would like to get a second one. I see the after market one listed for either a 1.22 hole or a 1.25 hole, plus I see the ones for the HEMI and the cast valve cover. I would like to order the right one first time around.

So, what should I order to get the bottom vented oil cap that will fit either my 62 /6 OR my 68 D100 LA318? The /6 is in a Town Wagon with the NP420 four speed and a 3.55 rear end:-) I was running that truck at 75 mph last weekend, loaded with food, beer and ice, and towing a trailer!!! I ran out of torque on some of the hills, but never had to down shift, since I didn't drop below 55 or so.

Oh yea, on Saturday put in all new rubber bed mounts on the 68, ground out all the rust from inside the bed (short narrow with a steel plate bottom instead of the wood) and repainted the inside. Next we have to weld up the rear cab mounts...and king pins and tie rod ends...I know I am throwing money at the truck, but I did the Town Wagon 8 years ago and still having fun with it.

Howard
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Howard, you should be able to get them from a good parts house , or try O'rilleys or the zone & see it you can find a good counter person , some stores have at least one there , & mosr of us here has throwen money in our trucks & still having fun driving & spending :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE