can engines talk???

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

can engines talk???

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Weird how sometimes when ya start your engine it just seems calm and mild manored, then when its around other beast machinery, all of a sudden, :study the lope is so RADICAL it almost can't keep it runnin, everyone is standin around and thinkin "he drives that on the street?" seems the 440 likes to flex its muscles around small blocks, got down right radical while hangin out with the local Mopar Club, and of coarse when leaving just had to walk it through the gears, man they should raise the speed limit :idea 60 is just too soon :dance

dodgetkboy78
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Big Lake
State: AK

Post by dodgetkboy78 »

Trucks do have minds of they're own. My dad has never been able to even get out of the driveway in any of my trucks......

My trucks all talk, usually, they say "potato potato potato" when idling.........
SO?

How fast did it get to 60?

(And don't be pickin on small blocks!) :dance

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

Yeah, I've noticed what Robin is talking about. Mine was usually lumpier (is that a word? :lol: ) at the gas station or other such places that people were paying attention, and smooth as silk just before tearing someone's ride a new :censored . :Thumbsup

The 318 in Dad's truck had a mind of it's own. First time you started it in the morning, you gave it one shot of gas. Then you didn't touch it. In fact, move your feet away from the pedal, otherwise it would flood. Once it started, never touch the gas the rest of the day to start, or it would flood. And once it flooded, it was sitting right there overnight. Nothing would get it to start! :banghead

Then there was my Uncle's Wagonneer that hated women.... but that's a story for another time. :lol:
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

my crew cab is exactly the same way as you describe your dads truck. LOLOL!!!! i had a car once, hated my girl friend. i could drive it all week, to and from school and work, burnin the tires, cuttin dinuts and being obnoxious. head in the direction of her house, and it would blow a tire, over heat, just not start.....you name it, the damn car would do it to keep me from going to her house. never did figure out what the deal was. my dog didnt like her either, HMMMMMMM maybe they saw something i didnt. LOLOL!!!
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

milestrap
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by milestrap »

haha.. so true! My truck purrs like a kitten when taking road trips, backcountry trips and when going to the parts house to buy her something new. :dance

49yearoldkid

Post by 49yearoldkid »

60 mph robin u need to take it out of 1st gr lol pass evey thing but 3 gas sts lol

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

OK, I gotta tell the story about my uncle's Jeep. He had a 67 Wagoneer with a junkyard 350 in it. He drove that thing everywhere, as he had his own business at home as a master mechanic. But this Jeep hated women. He could drive it to the store and back, then my aunt jumps in and it sputters and dies a dozen times in the driveway. He gets back in, and all is well. :thinking

When they lived in Reno, one summer day she was trying to take the Jeep to his work to bring him lunch. Right under the big Reno sign, it dies. Then smoke start pouring out from under the dash. She shuts it off and walks away to call him and tell him that " F:censored Jeep is finally gonna die!". He gets there about 5 minutes after the fire department. In the meantime, the smkoe goes away without the fire department doing anything, since they couldn't isolate the type of fire it was. He reaches in through the window and it starts right up. :thinking

He decided to inspect the wiring, since this truck had no fuses from the factory. After a thurough investigation, he found no burnt wiring, or any other cause for the smoke show. Last we heard it was going stong in Anchorage with over 300k miles on it. But it still refuses to be driven by women. :lol:
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup