Engine swap??? D500

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
shboal

Engine swap??? D500

Post by shboal »

:study I am looking to upgrade my D500. I have a 225-2 slant six mounted to a 4 speed with a granny gear. My truck is ex-millitary. I want to keep the 4 speed but I want more HP. Any reasonable suggestions? How about the rearend it is a eaton ?? on the 2 speed?? How can I find out for sure its a 2 speed. Many questions

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

If you have a 2-speed rear, you'll have a button on the shift lever that you pull up for high range, and push back down for the low range. If there is no button on the shift lever itself, chances are you do not have a 2-speed rear axle. Also, the 2-speed housing is considerably larger than a Dana 70 housing, plus you'll see an actuator near the housing. Hope that helps.

Others out there?
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola

With not much more than a LA V8 Bell housing, new clutch pack and newer motor mounts this is a good swap for a baby V8.
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt