need epert vac help

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
thatoneguy

need epert vac help

Post by thatoneguy »

i have a 69 with a 318 and i have replaced the two barrell carb from reblt one from auto zone and i belive it is off of a 70s vehicle. it has two small vacume ports on the back one is for the choke vacume diaphram and im not sure what the other is for. one is on the baseplate and the other is rite at the midline of the buterfly valve. there is also a big one that goes to the valve cover. then there is one that is on the left side and i was told that this is where the distributor vac line goes and that is where i have it. i have a vacume guage pump and i checked all of them and the two on the back read about 9 and the one on the side that goes to the distributor reads 0. and i hooked the pump up to the diaphram on the distributor and it wouldnt hold preasure and when i pumped it it didnt budge could it bb bad. any help would b great thanks

mopar400
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bloomingdale, GA

Post by mopar400 »

Sounds like you have already made a good start. :Thumbsup The two that read 9 would be straight manifold vacuum. These would be used for any accessories. You probably don't have A/C or anything so the extra will get plugged. The one on the side that read 0 would be for you distributor. It should increase vacuum as you raise the engine rpm. Your dist. advance diaphram is broken if it won't hold vacuum. It should move when you pump it up and then hold vacuum. I would leave the vacuum lines like you have them, plug the one you don't need, and replace the vacuum advance canister. Mopar400
70 Challenger 506hp 440, 727, 11.29@120mph
1965 Fury II(in pieces)

thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

will do thanks alot