FYI Hedman hedders

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lawton
State: OK

FYI Hedman hedders

Post by JJ »

Talk about raining on a parade :pale. I got the 440 dropped in the truck this morning and went to bolt up the exhaust (Hedman #79250)which I got from Summit racing about a month ago and low and behold THEY DON'T FIT. Extreme crossmember interferance. The application shows it for a 72-up Ramcharger 4X4. I got this part number off of the old Sweptline.com website. Anyway they look like they would work with a 4X4 but not a two wheel drive. Anyway I'm putting this out so no one else makes the same boo-boo.I think I'm going with Hedman #79820 Summit has them for $356.69 and they are Ceramic coated :Thumbsup
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

JJ,

I coulda told ya that. It doesn't matter if it is a 2x or 4x they still will not fit out of the box. I have them on mine but both sides had to be cut and modified to fit. :pale Fortuantely I have a good friend who is very good at that kind of thing and he did them for me. :Thumbsup I do believe they will fit the later mechanical clutch rigs as the crossmember is farther back.
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

I thought about having them lengthened but these other hedders look like a direct fit and ceramic coated for $358.00. Oh well if they hang in the garage long enough somebody will buy them :lol:.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Post by HEtkind »

I have been looking at a set of hedman headers for the 68 D-100, LA318/automatic and they show a set listed. These will replace the leaky original manifolds and pipe with the front crossover.

My question is what does the exit end of the headers look like? I want to go with dual exhaust with glasspacks and not sure if they end with a pipe or flange so I can order mufflers to match with side turnouts behind the doors...

Howard
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

I think this is the way to go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BB-Mopar ... dZViewItem

If you need the low end torque the long tubes will give you, put a blower on it!

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

Well the new set of Headers fit pretty good except I had to "clearence" my deep tranny pan and trim some of the cross member off that is back by the transmission. And yes as heavy as these trucks are you can never have to much torque!