Saginaw Box

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Niagara, ON
State: Foreign

Saginaw Box

Post by 67step100 »

From researching this forum it looks like my '67 D100 would have had a 525 Saginaw steering box. Is this correct? There seem to be quite a few 525's, with differing spline counts and different ratios. Would anyone know which one Dodge would have used on the D100's in '67? Alternatively how do I determine what I have without removing the box. Thanks.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Saginaw Box

Post by Hobcobble »

67step100 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:27 am
From researching this forum it looks like my '67 D100 would have had a 525 Saginaw steering box. Is this correct? There seem to be quite a few 525's, with differing spline counts and different ratios. Would anyone know which one Dodge would have used on the D100's in '67? Alternatively how do I determine what I have without removing the box. Thanks.
Get in touch with Bud Thorp. He rebuilds and sells them.....
https://www.dodgesweptlineparts.com/preview/

John

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67step100 »

Thanks John but it was something I was interested in rebuilding myself. I notice there are a number of different rebuild kits out there, depending on the ratio and spline number. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct one so I need to know exactly which box I have.

I just noticed you are in Lockport. You are about an hours drive from my place, plus the time spent at the border. I have a mail box in Lewiston as it is usually cheaper and faster to get US parts sent there instead of my place.

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

The rebuildable Saginaw has a big S looking raised bit if I remember correctly. I can't remember if you can see it while it's still mounted in truck.
As John said Bud will talk about it on the phone with you. He rebuilt mine and the truck went from scary to fun.
jim

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

67step100 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:05 pm
Thanks John but it was something I was interested in rebuilding myself. I notice there are a number of different rebuild kits out there, depending on the ratio and spline number. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct one so I need to know exactly which box I have.

I just noticed you are in Lockport. You are about an hours drive from my place, plus the time spent at the border. I have a mail box in Lewiston as it is usually cheaper and faster to get US parts sent there instead of my place.
Yeah..... you're practically my neighbor. :joker :Thumbsup We're up in Lewiston relatively often
to grab the smoked chicken wings at Brickyard BBQ. :Thumbsup

John

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67step100 »

Hobcobble wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:57 am
67step100 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:05 pm

Yeah..... you're practically my neighbor. :joker :Thumbsup We're up in Lewiston relatively often
to grab the smoked chicken wings at Brickyard BBQ. :Thumbsup

John
Sounds like beer and wings in the spring. Something to look forward to.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

67step100 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:07 pm

Sounds like beer and wings in the spring. Something to look forward to.
That can be arranged..... :Thumbsup

John