Clutch wont return!

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Matthews
State: NC

Re: Clutch wont return!

Post by 68swep »

I found a local guy here in Charlotte that managed to resurface my flywheel and replace the gear. Im good to go! I have my flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate in. Im about to get my for on but I noticed the clip that hold the fork to the pivot stud in lose. Its still intact, but lose. Will the fork be kept in place by the setup of everything or should I find a new fork with a firm clip?

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

Another question for everyone. Since we dont take the bell off, how is everyone doing the criss cross bolt pattern and torque settings? And I dotn have a shop manual yet, what are the torque settings? Thanks!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

68swep wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:05 am
Another question for everyone. Since we dont take the bell off, how is everyone doing the criss cross bolt pattern and torque settings? And I dotn have a shop manual yet, what are the torque settings? Thanks!
Depends on how many Ugga Duggas you can muster. :lol: :lol: All kidding aside I have never used a torque wrench or been concerned with a criss cross pattern on bell housing or trans to bell bolts.
Flywheel and pressure plate is a bit more important to criss cross and torque settings. Flywheel can easily be done with bell housing attached to block.
Pressure plate little at a time as you turn engine and when all snug, Torque them.. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

Thanks! I think that works. Thanks everyone!

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

So my clutch is just about normal now. New clutch, pressure plate, flywheel resurfaced with a new gear, new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, bench bleed. Its about 80%. When I tried to put the drive shaft back on I noticed the ends were loose. I took it to a driveshaft shop to get it rebuilt. The only had ends that were a bit shorter so now im waiting on a longer tube so it will fit. I guess its on back order so who knows how long that will take. Its always something! One of these days Ill be able to actually drive my truck.

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

She finally runs!!! New clutch from HR Clutch, new clutch and slave cylinder, a new drive shaft from Drive Line Works in Monroe NC, mine was shot, and she runs! Thanks to everyone who helped!