Clutch fork return spring

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Clutch fork return spring

Post by Drummerdad »

Through the process of trying to get Isaacs truck back together, I ran into a small issue. I did search for this first, but didnt really get many results. There was a part number posted, but it might not be good. I also did a google search, and it brings up A and B body parts.

I need the right clutch fork return spring. The spring I have is not the right one. I did find the bracket, but I guess the PO had broke the spring and remounted the bracket elsewhere and just used another spring. In the build thread PwrWgn posted a picture of his truck, and the spring passes between the slave cylinder and the bellhousing, which means it needs a long end. I could try and make something work, but it might put the clutch fork at a weird angle, and cause problems.

Is there a source you all have used to find this spring? Is there a crossover, like one of the A or B body dodges from the late 60s? Is there a junkyard I can call and get one sent out?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Clutch fork return spring

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

The spring u posted looks like a throttle return spring. I have seen springs like that stretched a bit and flattened (not uncoiled) to squeeze thru that space between the slave and bell. That worked w/o issue.
powerwagon54 might have one available.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: Clutch fork return spring

Post by 712edf »

Maybe someone here with one could post a picture up with some measurements. That'd give you a good starting point.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab