Clutch parts

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Clutch parts

Post by Drummerdad »

Im looking at the clutch for Isaacs truck, and I have a few questions. The clutch came from the parts truck (a 67 d200 camper special), so I dont know if it worked or not. According to the PO, it did, but it also had a rats nest in it, literally. Im going to get all new parts. Master cylinder, slave cylinder, throw out bearing, clutch and pressure plate. Im going to try and have the flywheel resurfaced, after this covid-19 crap is over. It will need a new line also. So here are the questions;
What size line do I use? Can I use AN fittings? I prefer them. Will aluminum line work, or should I stick to the Nicopp (3/16) to match the brakes? I looked up a bunch of parts, and I dont remember removing any of them. There are pilot bushings (I think I need it) and countershaft thrust bearings. Im not sure about that one. Im sure it was only the clutch/pressure plate/flywheel and the slave cylinder. Ill need a new boot also.

The engine is a roller cam LA318. The flywheel will be from the Poly 318 that was in the parts truck. I hope this will work. The transmission is a new process 435. Its a 67 D100.

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Re: Clutch parts

Post by Jim100 »

The line for the clutch is a larger diameter than a brake line on my truck 1/4 maybe?

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: fairhope
State: AL

Post by hmaynord »

mine is 1/4 inch. at recommendation of Hobcobble, I got my clutch parts from hrclutch.com.
harris
late 65 (titled as 66) D100 SWB 225-1, 3 speed, 3.91
driving it since 12/03/71

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

A guy by the name of John Geidl sells stainless steel lined
clutch master and slave cylinders that you might want to
look into. They have a longer life span than the remans
you find at your local parts stores. :idea :2cents :Thumbsup