medium duty dodge engine mount question

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

medium duty dodge engine mount question

Post by Kaegi »

does anyone have a big block medium duty that I can see pics or s description of where the horseshoe mount bolts to the frame? is the rubber mount on the engine or the frame? thx

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Re: medium duty dodge engine mount question

Post by powerwagon54 »

Here is the mount that bolts to the front crossmember. I may have the horseshoe also, just have to look.
http://www.61-71dodgesweptlineparts.com ... ine-mount/

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

so is the rubber block broken on that one? looks like it should have studs coming out the top

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Post by powerwagon54 »

yes the mount is broken

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

ok great those pics helped. I will post about what I am trying to figure out after I do. thanks

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Torrance
State: CA

Post by SoleSurvivor »

Kaegi wrote:does anyone have a big block medium duty that I can see pics or s description of where the horseshoe mount bolts to the frame? is the rubber mount on the engine or the frame? thx
You can always use a hockey puck. Don't laugh. Vulcanized rubber lasts forever. Thats what I used. And they make for great body mounts.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Kaegi wrote:does anyone have a big block medium duty that I can see pics or s description of where the horseshoe mount bolts to the frame? is the rubber mount on the engine or the frame? thx

I have a BB400 Bolted into my 70 D500.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

the reason I am asking this is because I bought a 61 D300 someone put a 361/5speed out of a S500 school bus chassis. the front mount bolts to front crossmember in factory holes and the tranny mounts bolt in fine in stock location. but the engine looked too low. I had someone with a 383 powered, 67 w300 take some measurements and I was right the front in mine ends up about 1.5 inches too low. so I was going to space up the front mount. then I looked at a D500 with small block and it mounts about 1.5 inches higher on front crossmember so I might just switch out that piece to my truck. or just space up the school bus piece. the school bus bracket is much more HD than the D500 small block piece. This is good new for anyone wanting to convert to BB. don't need to find the rare factory side mounts from 1 tons. lots of medium duty out there to get parts off.