/6 one barrel questions, won't restart.

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Cris
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

/6 one barrel questions, won't restart.

Post by Cris »

I believe we ran it out of gas (no fuel when cranked with line to carb unhooked. Rope towed it back to the
cabin as we were on a uphill section and couldn't get fuel into the tank.

Now it's the next morning (morning fellas!), added some fresh fuel and we now have fuel when the feed line is disconnected
so the new pump still works. When I went to prime the carb (just a little bit) it leaked out the vent hole down by the base of the carb.
Won't start. We had the tank cleaned, replaced all the lines, pump, filter & had the carb rebuilt paying attention to float settings as we read here. Doing some searching on the site and it 'might' be we've dredged up whatever may have been left in the tank. But the tank was dead nutz clean so I'm unsure. What else could cause the fuel to run out the weep hole.?

Open to ideas, going to go watch the grandson play some baseball, will check back in later. One more thing, for s&g I sprayed some
starter fluid down the throat, still no startup. This is only the fourth drive in this truck after getting a bunch of safety & reliability stuff fixed/repaired as this is my wife's summer ride.

It did run when fuel was dumped down the carb last nite along the roadside so I was thinking the fuel pump had given up, or we'd run outta gas.

Thanks in advance.!

Cris
My truck, '66 W200 Crewcab. Got any parts.?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: /6 one barrel questions, won't restart.

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Probably flooded it. Whenever u try to start after priming like that u have to hold the throttle wide open, as well as the choke. Then crank til it starts.
Running out the side of the carb when priming is pretty std.
Make sure there is spark at the plugs.