Vacuum Hose routing diagram 1971

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lincoln
State: RI
Location: Manville RI (no seriously, its a village. The day they named the place was a slow day mentally.)

Vacuum Hose routing diagram 1971

Post by crashresq21 »

Morning guys,

Does anyone have a vacuum hose diagram for a 2bbl 318 from 1971? When I bought it everything was EVERYWHERE in the case of the hoses. Just rebuilt my carb and would like to atleast get the important ones routed correctly. Some items are missing but something is better than nothing. Thanks in advance.
"Dealing with me is like playing chess with Charlie Manson. 99% of the time you're like 'this guy is on his game', and then there's the one time I shove a pawn up my @#% and dance around"

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: Vacuum Hose routing diagram 1971

Post by MadMC63 »

If it's a Carter not in California... The distributor vacuum goes from the distributor to the right side. Should be sticking straight out of the side out the carb. PVC is center rear of base plate. Choke vacuum is to the right of the PVC. Bowl vent is front top of carb and goes to the breather on the right valve cover.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
Location: Manville RI (no seriously, its a village. The day they named the place was a slow day mentally.)

Post by crashresq21 »

Awesome, thanks for the intel but I'm more of a visual guy sorry. Heres the carb in question. I'm guessing the big rear outlet goes to the PCV valve on the valve cover. Most of the "emissions" stuff is gone so I"m working with what I see.

Theres dual tips on the air box and one that goes on the air-box horn for reference.
Attachments
How about this gem, cap or connect someplace?
How about this gem, cap or connect someplace?
So heres the back
So heres the back
"Dealing with me is like playing chess with Charlie Manson. 99% of the time you're like 'this guy is on his game', and then there's the one time I shove a pawn up my @#% and dance around"

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

Yep it's a Carter. The vacuum connection to the left of the PVC is for the air temp sensor. The air temp sensor is in the air filter housing. All locations are from the drivers seat looking toward the front of the vehicle.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by crashresq21 »

Ok so everything is pretty figured out BUT I ran into this glitch. the port for the line from the distributor....well......exists but doesnt have a port to attach the line. How can I put one in OR can I just run that tube disconnected and cap it?

Sorry about the million questions, I'm a body work/shadetree guy, not a tuner LOL
Attachments
20170704_163920[1].jpg

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

Typically there's a tube pressed in that location. All you need to do is install a small tube to attach the vacuum line to. Just find one the right diameter and tap it into place. The original can be removed with a pair of pliers fairly easily so it's not a surprise to have one come out while pulling the vacuum line loose.
1971 Dodge D100