Converting to fuel cell thread

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
DodgeJosh
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: STL Area In IL
State: IL

Converting to fuel cell thread

Post by DodgeJosh »

Hi,

I've searched and seen a few people talk about fuel cells on here sporadically and figured we could gather information in one thread. For those who want to convert from the factory in cab fuel tank to a fuel cell more than likely outside the cab.

I measured on my '64 D200 and ordered a RCI 1211C 22 gallon plastic fuel cell. I will be able mount in the spare tire area, but with a little fabricating for a new spare tire mount, I will be able to retain it too! It will mount between the frame rails, with having to barely notch out about 1/8"-1/4" on each frame rail going by the measurements for the fuel cell. The brace that is there will have to be moved about 2 inches back. I'll have to mount the spare tire at a slight angle to accommodate it still.

Anyone mounted in other areas?

Waiting for the fuel cell to arrive to start fabricating the mounting for it. Now I'm on to figuring out the fuel delivery portion. What did everyone go with?

40YearOldFury
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Parker
State: CO

Re: Converting to fuel cell thread

Post by 40YearOldFury »

I got a factory D250 Lifestyle era tank and mounted it between my drivers frame rail and driveshaft. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25321&start=80
My Rides:
1965 D200 318 Poly Long Bed 2wd
1968 Plymouth Fury III
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.jersey
State: NJ

Re: Converting to fuel cell thread

Post by abodyjoe »

a previous owner put a jeep cj tank between the rear frame rails on mine. still uses the stock gas gauge and filler neck.. he did a real nice job.