Transfer Case Lever Shaking

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Transfer Case Lever Shaking

Post by digdoug »

Russ,
I was picking up what you were laying down. The reason that I asked you how many miles your truck had on it when you did the conversion was to get a feel of how much wear it had,since you stated that you never had the problem. Most,but not all of the piles that I have owned were wore out before I got them.
The problem we are talking about is not a vibration per say.It is more of a shudder of the shift lever/levers ,only on take off.I have witnessed it on trucks with both manual and auto trannys. Phasing the drive shafts always makes it go away,don't ask me why. :thinking

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Re: Transfer Case Lever Shaking

Post by RussRoth »

digdoug wrote:Russ,
I was picking up what you were laying down. The reason that I asked you how many miles your truck had on it when you did the conversion was to get a feel of how much wear it had,since you stated that you never had the problem. Most,but not all of the piles that I have owned were wore out before I got them.
The problem we are talking about is not a vibration per say.It is more of a shudder of the shift lever/levers ,only on take off.I have witnessed it on trucks with both manual and auto trannys. Phasing the drive shafts always makes it go away,don't ask me why. :thinking
OK, just wasn't sure. This rig was always very good mechanically. In that respect I probably wouldn't really have had to do anything with it other than a good tune up. Body wise completely different story. Only original body part is the transmission hump cover and it has been modified since there is one shift handle right behind the other. :thinking :pale :lol: :Thumbsup
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires