4X2 frame to 4X4 - Where to bolt Transfer Case

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
BlueManCrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: west richland
State: WA

4X2 frame to 4X4 - Where to bolt Transfer Case

Post by BlueManCrew »

I have a 1969 D200 crew cab that I am converting to a W200 crew. I have a new process 205 transfer case mounted to a w200 cross-member and it is positioned within the frame rails. I'm now trying to choose the position to bolt it. The 4X2 frame does not have pre-drilled holes that line up with my w200 cross member. I have room to move fore and aft and up and down.

Second question is the transmission mount insulator. I could not find a stock one so I made one. It turned out nice and looks to be durable. It is adjustable in 1/4 inch increments.

So with adjustable mount and adjustable transfer case, .....I need to nail it all down. It would be great if someone out there could tell me how high the insulator/mount is and tell me where the stock transfer case is located (for/aft/up/down/tilt) from a known reference point.

StinkFinger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: mission
State: Foreign

Re: 4X2 frame to 4X4 - Where to bolt Transfer Case

Post by StinkFinger »

Is the t case mated or divorced ?

BlueManCrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BlueManCrew »

It is a divorced case.....I think. There is a drive shaft between the NP 435 tranny and the transfer case.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Yep, that is a proper divorced transfer case. If you already have a drive shaft to go from trans to transfer case, that will tell you where to drill your holes. Piece of cake, the frames are the same D/W 100/200...

BlueManCrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BlueManCrew »

When you look at the spicer literature, they emphasize the need to get all the angles equal. Does the short shaft angle between tranny and transfer case need to be same relative angle as the long drive-line back to the axle?