which headders???

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
74dusterman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cushing
State: MN

which headders???

Post by 74dusterman »

I am looking for a set of headders for my 67 D200 383 auto. I have seen other posts saying the Heddman #79250 fit. Does anyone have these on their truck? I want to make sure they fit good without any clearance issues before I order them. I was going to put block huggers on it but I am having a hard time finding any. I have block huggers on my 360 Duster and they made a huge improvement in power and torque.

Duh
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Colo Spgs
State: CO

Re: which headders???

Post by Duh »

Sir

I know you asked for "header information". Instead I am giving you a better total package information that works
with a truck.

Put a set of these on your truck and you will have no hammering and other issues to get them on.

Also after you get them on - a trip to any Chassis Dyno will show you that all is "enhanced" except the Fuel Usage.
The Fuel Usage will be less ( aka - a better MPG Data ).

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/exhaust-manifo ... 081/378658

Rodger and Gabby
COS

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

74dusterman wrote:I am looking for a set of headders for my 67 D200 383 auto. I have seen other posts saying the Heddman #79250 fit. Does anyone have these on their truck? I want to make sure they fit good without any clearance issues before I order them. I was going to put block huggers on it but I am having a hard time finding any. I have block huggers on my 360 Duster and they made a huge improvement in power and torque.
For the '61-'68 100/200 Series Sweptlines, long tube header clearance is
an issue due to the way the bell housing cross member is located. Even
though your bell housing cross member has been cut at the factory and
a spanner bolted in its place [with auto tranny cross member put in place],
headers might not clear them. I'm sure others who might have had success
installing long tube headers will chime in. Another option is to stick with a
cast iron manifold. :idea
John

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

I have 79250 Heddmans on mine but they had to be cut down to fit. Mine is a manual shift and the cross member is in the way. Not sure how it might fit with just the spanner in place. There are some block huggers made for the BB that will work. JeffC has a set but I don't know who made them. I know there was another brand built at one time beside the ones that Jeff has but of course I don't recall the name. :pale :thinking :banghead

BTW, my opinion is headers are well worth the hassle. I was looking for HP manifolds originally but in doing some research and talking with more knowledgeable people than myself headers became the path of choice for me. Been on about 12 years now and still doing fine.

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

74dusterman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 74dusterman »

Those look prettty sweet. Do you know anyone running them? Wondering how the quality and fit are. I would guess that they will turn blue in time since they are stainless but that wouldn't bother me as long as they fit nice. The price is very reasonable for stainless headders.

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

I run hookers on my 1970 but they are expensive when I bought them was like 250 there double that and don't fit very good.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Roxyflash wrote:I run hookers on my 1970 but they are expensive when I bought them was like 250 there double that and don't fit very good.
But you don't have the crossmember interference that the earlier truck do.

74dusterman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 74dusterman »

I ordered a set of those stainless headders. They look good. Looks like the quality is there. I am not sure when I will get them on to see how they fit. I will post whe I get them on.

15austin
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 64836
State: MO

Post by 15austin »

I have 79250 on my truck. But it is a 69. Fit great. Had exhaust put on today. Only thing is I removed the upper ears of the crossmember an ran 2 1/2" pipe up over the crossmember. None of it sits below frame level.

74dusterman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 74dusterman »

I finally got the headders and dual exhaust put on this weekend. The headders fit really nice without any issues. The pipes are already dented in from the factory for sparkplug clearance. Very clean and good looking headders. I would recomend them if someone is looking for a nice set of block hugger headders for a big block.