Carb vacuum questions

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Dredge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Collins
State: CO

Carb vacuum questions

Post by Dredge »

I bolted a Carter carb on my 318 poly and took a "best guess" at the vacuum set-up...obviously not a very good one. This is stamped Carter 0-2425. The internet searches haven't been very helpful. Can anyone tell me what goes where and what gets capped off ?

THX!
Attachments
#1 is below the fuel inlet
#1 is below the fuel inlet
carb3-4.jpg
carb5-7.jpg
Early '65 D200 - NO! It doesn't have power windows-power door locks-5 way power seats-cruise control-power steering-power brakes..It's not a car, It's a Truck, a REAL TRUCK!

EGroscup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Escondido
State: CA

Re: Carb vacuum questions

Post by EGroscup »

Well, I am going to try. #5 should have manifold vac all of the time to pull the choke open a little until it warms up,looks like this is correct. #7 looks like a big one, manifold vac to the pcv valve. #3 looks like the carb bowl vent, that went to the charcoal can. You don't have one so let's leave it open for now. The only one that your truck uses is for vac advance on the distributor. My guess is #4, to check this plug the rest up and start the truck. With it idling slowly, there should be no vac at that port. Slowly open the throttle and as the rpms come up so should the vac. If it does hook it up and you are in business. If not, plug it and check the other unused ports for proper behavior. That carb looks like it came off of a newer vehicle, that is why it is full of extra ports. Good luck, Erik

Dredge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Dredge »

THX! The carb came off of a 'Cuda-not too sure what year

That sounds like a better guess than mine. I'll give it a shot :lol:
Early '65 D200 - NO! It doesn't have power windows-power door locks-5 way power seats-cruise control-power steering-power brakes..It's not a car, It's a Truck, a REAL TRUCK!

Dredge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Dredge »

Just in case anyone was wondering...
Carter 0-2425
1- Canister
2- EGR
3- Bowl Vent
4- Dist
5- EGR
6- Heated air
7- PCV

EGroscup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Escondido
State: CA

Post by EGroscup »

Well I was close. How does it run now? Erik

Dredge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Dredge »

That setup was in a Chilton's for 1967-197? Dodge trucks. It's running much better, but I still have a few weird bugs to sort out. Idle isn't quite right-stalls constantly at low rpm- then there's the choke ...I'll make it all work somehow.