383&4 speed/out of Dodge Challenger/Whats It Worth ?

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
caseman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ithaca
State: NY

383&4 speed/out of Dodge Challenger/Whats It Worth ?

Post by caseman »

This is out of a 70 Car ,the motor is Stuck and has beed for years,What is this Worth,I have the Pistil Grip Shifter that was on it When I pulled it.I have been thinking of Selling it.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: 383&4 speed/out of Dodge Challenger/Whats It Worth ?

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

seized motor, here you may get $150 for the Motor and $250 for the trans, if this is an original motor in the Challenger then its a HP, if its not then the price would fall. Thats here though you may find there someone may pay more.

caseman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ithaca
State: NY

Post by caseman »

Thanks for the information !

SpecialOrder66D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: N.Wilkesboro,NC

Post by SpecialOrder66D100 »

I see the 4 speeds ranging from $300-$500 here. The 383's in this area are almost free no matter what condition. Unless it's nicely rebuilt with the paperwork or something? A seized but buildable 383 here is probably going to fetch $100+/-, HP may bring more to the right buyer as some would like the date coded correct distributor and manifolds. Good luck :salut

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

SpecialOrder66D100 wrote:I see the 4 speeds ranging from $300-$500 here. The 383's in this area are almost free no matter what condition. Unless it's nicely rebuilt with the paperwork or something? A seized but buildable 383 here is probably going to fetch $100+/-, HP may bring more to the right buyer as some would like the date coded correct distributor and manifolds. Good luck :salut
Cool, at least 2 places haven't gone nuts with pricing :Thumbsup

SpecialOrder66D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: N.Wilkesboro,NC

Post by SpecialOrder66D100 »

MountainMoparRobin wrote:
SpecialOrder66D100 wrote:I see the 4 speeds ranging from $300-$500 here. The 383's in this area are almost free no matter what condition. Unless it's nicely rebuilt with the paperwork or something? A seized but buildable 383 here is probably going to fetch $100+/-, HP may bring more to the right buyer as some would like the date coded correct distributor and manifolds. Good luck :salut
Cool, at least 2 places haven't gone nuts with pricing :Thumbsup
Kinda sad though that the 383's are not as popular. I got my last 383 like a month ago. Low mileage and complete that I got to hear run before I helped pull it. 1964 2bbl engine; so nothing special. It was $250.00.
I had the choice of this or a '74 400 for $150, I took the 383 because of it's higher compression thinking that it would be easier to build some power with :2cents