power steering 69 to 66 manual ?

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Redd

power steering 69 to 66 manual ?

Post by Redd »

will a P/S box and hydralics from a 69 D200 to a 66 D200 I would think they will. Would this be the best way to swap to P/S or ????

Thanx

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Redd welcome to the site , I do belive they will interchange , I think it was hobcobble has a post on here about that , :? you will have to keep your steering colum tho,

8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Redd

Post by Redd »

Thanx Cowboy, Do you think this would be a fairly easy change over? Exactly what parts do think I would need to complete the change from Manual to P/S.

Chuck

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Redd, Do you have the 69 200 as a parts truck ? if so just take a few pic' to start, have the hdrlick cyc check out & all the hoses for leaks , steering box also , its been a real long time sence I've mess with the ps on these trucks so I,am just about in the dark again here :?
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Redd

Post by Redd »

Now pic's , That would be to easy! No I'm looking at an Ebay thing (Item number: 2466987420 )If you have time take a look and tell me what you think.
Thanx

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Redd, I'am not a big fan of ebay , but try to find this # & see what 's all there , then let you know
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Redd

Post by Redd »

well I won the bid so it's mine. Have you had a chance to look to see if it's all I need to change from manual to P/S minus the pump And hoses? Now I'm wondering if where exatly those hose hook up to taking a closer look at the Pic's I can't see??? I prolly wasted more money!!

Redd

Post by Redd »

Never mind I think I'll just keep it original

Thanx

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

I was wondering if that was you , who won , Looks like ypu gat a good deal , As many as these trucks that I've had I've never had one that was to hard to steer , you have all the right stuff now just need the hoses
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE