A100's in the movies/tv:

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
Doug

A100's in the movies/tv:

Post by Doug »

I was watching of all things...an old McCloud episode on tv yesterday.
I should have taped it as not only did it have an A100 as the bad guys
vehicle nof choice .It also had Stephanie Powers (from Hart to Hart Fame)
and Linda Evans (Death Valley days and Dallas) as co -stars.
In this episode it shwed the A-100 about 10 or 15 times.It also showed Stepanie and Linda envolved in a cat fight!! YEEE-OWWW!!!!
There was also a movie ,that I believe was called Charlie Varric
or something like that.This movie starred Walter Mathau (how-ever you spell it!). He was a bank robber ,his vehicle of choice was also an A100!
Funny how the bad guy robbers in these fliks choose A100 that at best would have come with a 318 and the areo dynamics of a cinder block!
Heck back then they could have bought a 440 R/t or GTX used for $800!
Any body know of any other movies or shows that feature A100's?

Dodgevanman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Baltimore, MD

Post by Dodgevanman »

Let's see..A-100's in movies or TV.

Any CHiPs episode

The new remake of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie...the A-100 plays a major part.

The Jackson 5 movie on VH1 a few years back featured a Custom Sportsman wagon as the family vehicle.

dodged200cs

Post by dodged200cs »

there was a movie made in the late 90's I believe that was about girls "coming of age" Can't remember the title, but it had the girls stealing the boys clothes when they went skinny dipping, etc. In one of the parts of the movie, a red dodge a100 pickup came down a road, honking and swerving around the road.

I'll post a title if I remember it. It was set in the 60's.

Dane

Doug

Charlie Varrick

Post by Doug »

Charlie VARRICK HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED ON DVD.iT CAN BE PURCHASED OFF EBAY FOR AROUND $10.

Doug

Stealing Harvard:

Post by Doug »

In "Stealing Harvard" Tom Green (what a dork) drives a blue A100 called M'lady. It doubles as a landscaping and getaway vehicle! It's a pretty nice van...man.

66A1hunerd

A100 pick up in video!

Post by 66A1hunerd »

I've never seen it but I've been told by many that an A100 pick up was used in a Spice Girls video in the desert (about 4 or 5 years ago). I'll do a Google search when I get time to see if it comes up. Dave and son- Eric. Just south of Lake Geneva WI.

surfdude

A100 in movies

Post by surfdude »

at the end of Blazing Saddle's there is one...

A1hunerd
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by A1hunerd »

Oh by the way, don't do a GOOGLE search for Spice Girls, (hoping to find the compact A100 in their video) unless you really dig 2 tons 'o' fun.

kathigirl

movie with dodge crew cab

Post by kathigirl »

this came out in '93 and features a crew cab....think it was based on a real event...not sure though....truck looks just like mine so of course, i loved the movie....

FIRE IN THE SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was many years ago that I got out of a crew truck in the national forest and ran toward a large glowing UFO hovering in the darkening Arizona sky. But when I made that fateful choice to leave the truck, I was leaving behind more than just my six fellow workmen. I was leaving behind forever all semblance of a normal life, running headlong toward an experience so overwhelmingly mind-rending in its effects, so devastating in its aftermath, that my life would never - could never - be the same again."

- Travis Walton -

BernieMac

Post by BernieMac »

Harper Valley PTA, the movie, is a 1978 flick based on its namesake country song and stars Barbara Eden of I Dream Of Jeannie fame. At the end of this film, Ms Eden and a friend are being chased in their VW Bug, by a pair of dim-witted bad guys in their brown A100 van. The chase is more comedy-oriented and has plenty of one-liners by the bad guys, and both VW and A100 wind up getting stuck in the mud, but no one is injured and the vehicles are unscathed at the end of this chase. It's the best role that Eden has had since Jeannie, and there's an A100 in it too.