palomino

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
kalebjames17

palomino

Post by kalebjames17 »

i have recently purchased a 1964 palomino and was told it has a 426 wedge with a 904 transmission, is this possible??? the truck is in great shape was stored in arizona and i now have it in mn. does anyone know how many of these they made?? i have looked for info but have not found much any help would be great. thanks,kaleb

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

Hi Kaleb, A Palomino was going to be the name of the high performance package trucks from Dodge. I don't know if any ever had the name on the truck. Your very best source for info is Ben Simons in Gainsville. There is a link to his site The CSS Registry on the home page. He has a 426 64 Sweptline bought new by his father. If anyone will know, he will.....Goldie
63 9 pass fury wagon
US NAVY, 1968 -1972 HS-5, 7, 9, NAS quonset pt. Essex, Wasp, Intrepid, Independence, Forrestal, Saratoga
I didn't do it and if I did I don't remember.

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Re: palomino

Post by CSS-Registry »

kalebjames17 wrote:i have recently purchased a 1964 palomino and was told it has a 426 wedge with a 904 transmission, is this possible??? the truck is in great shape was stored in arizona and i now have it in mn. does anyone know how many of these they made?? i have looked for info but have not found much any help would be great. thanks,kaleb
Hi Kaleb -

"Palomino" was the testing/marketing name for the package that later became the "Custom Sports Special" trim package. the 426W is part of the "High Performance Package" or "HPP". the 904 was never offered on the RB or B engines - you should have the "loadflite" transmission which is a 727.

the truck you have was one of no more than 50 trucks equiped with the High Performance Package built between the years 1964 and 1965.

as goldie stated visit http://www.cssregistry.com/css to view other examples of trucks like yours.

Please Note: the CSS trucks without the HP Package are probably of a higher number but the combo of the two packages makes yours EXTRA special. there are no records for the exact production figures.

to include your truck in the registry please email or send me photos of your truck, a rubbing or photo of the dataplate, and transcribe or photograph the VIN and SERT sticker. if none of this makes sense then check out this page for details on what these terms mean - http://www.cssregistry.com/css/whatis.html

i'd love to learn more about this truck! by the way - you have one of THE most sought after Dodge trucks ever produced.

Ben Simons
CSS Registry
po box 141378
gainesville, FL 32614
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

If it is one, cool, very cool!!!!
Can you give us a idea of what options it was ordered with/has?
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

soopernaut