pros and cons of A100 trucks?

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
big66440
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: LA/CA

pros and cons of A100 trucks?

Post by big66440 »

I was wondering if you guys can share with me the pro's and con's of owning an A100 pickup, I've been in the market for one for a long time I currently have an 89 Jeep Comanche 2WD 4.0/AW4 (Auto tranny 4 speed O.D) I've been fixing up little by little that I'd be wiling to sell or do a partial trade for an A100 short wheel base pickup but I wanted to know as much as possible before hand such as are they ok as daily drivers? are there areas/parts that I should be real careful about when I'm shopping around for one? ANY advice is greatly appreciated from you guys with actual experience, I would like to have a carbed 318 magnum engine with an A518 tranny if possible,thanks.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: pros and cons of A100 trucks?

Post by 712edf »

I never had an A100 truck, but did have the van.

If the truck is like the van, it will have a unique tranny tailshaft. They hang from the crossmember, instead of going over the top of it like most cars/pick-ups. To put an A518 in one would require some parts swapping.

Body panels are probably kinda scarce should you have any damage.

exline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: warfordsburg
State: PA

Post by exline »

I have been shopping for an A100 pickup myself. I always think they looked cool. and hope to come across one that's nice enough to make patterns for new body panels. there is almost nothing available for the a100 trucks and vans right now. but they are neat trucks for sure.

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

My neighbor had one orange slant six he love it we ran sweptlines in the winter when we were working on are engines out side he had a milkhouse heater inside his working on the engine staying warm They are Kool theres a torquise and white one running in Davenport I see once in awhile its a beauty perfect. :lol: