Warning, watch out for stolen A-100 pickup/parts

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
36rascal
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vacaville
State: CA

Warning, watch out for stolen A-100 pickup/parts

Post by 36rascal »

Hi,
i'm new here, and want to warn about this pickup.
If there are other A-100 forums to put this on, please let me know, I want to get the word out.
The story is that this pickup was on the property of a relative who recently died, and I'm the heir.
The truck was there a month ago when I went up there but when I went there last Friday it was gone. It was non-op and would have had to be towed away. Neighbors "didn't see anything" and I think one of them was involved, or at least knows something.
This was taken from a remote area, Berry Creek, 30 miles east of Oroville CA. I can describe the truck but have no VIN or license plate number. The trail is cold by now and I know I won't get it back, but I want to warn others to be careful if it comes up for sale or for parts.
I think the truck would likely still be in Northern California but it could be anywhere by now. Make sure the seller has clear title and if there's a title that's recent, that could be a clue.
It was a '64 or '65 A-100 without the quarter windows at the back of the cab. Inside metal was a light green color but the exterior was a light gray primer color. It was a slant 6 with automatic. I think I recall a plate at the bottom of the driver door that said Fargo. Front bumper was original but it had a Bardon type bumper in back...Ray Mac