A new carb for my '65 170.

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
StumpyJohnson

A new carb for my '65 170.

Post by StumpyJohnson »

Looking to get a new carb...any suggestions on a crossover that will work other than the stock single barrel holley?

Ramit

Post by Ramit »

I suggest upgrading to the later style 2 barrel but JC Whitney has del orto singles somewhat reasonable, Thats what I did on my ol cj-2 flatty. The early slants respond well to a good shave on the head and the later style *small plug* head design with a progressive 2 barrel. With the newer design you have hardened valve seats and are compatible with unleaded also. Removal of 90 to 100 thousands on the head mating surface really wakes them up. :thinking

Doug

Post by Doug »

Ramit wrote:I suggest upgrading to the later style 2 barrel but JC Whitney has del orto singles somewhat reasonable, Thats what I did on my ol cj-2 flatty. The early slants respond well to a good shave on the head and the later style *small plug* head design with a progressive 2 barrel. With the newer design you have hardened valve seats and are compatible with unleaded also. Removal of 90 to 100 thousands on the head mating surface really wakes them up. :thinking
So the 4bbl setups are overkill??

Ramit

Post by Ramit »

Unless the rest of the motor is built for it you would have a gutless gas hog.