Lowering The A-100

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
oddrods
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: marietta, ga

Lowering The A-100

Post by oddrods »

Ok I know this has been covered before but what is the easiest inexpensive way to lower my 66 A-100?
Im not looking for bench racers I am looking for some one who has lowered theirs and hopefully have pics of the stance.
I am not wanting to have to do any serious mods or spend alot of cash so i don't expect to go really low either.
Thanks guys now post away lets see those A's

Dodgeitis
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Lowering The A-100

Post by Dodgeitis »

There are a number of guys in the A-100 group over on Yahoo that have lowered truck/vans. Join that group and there are guys that can help you.

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno nv
State: NV

Post by 440SCOUT »

I just took leaves out of mine ... one in the front and 2 in the rear..

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

I had an A-100 pick-up a while ago and I lowered it. What I did was to remove the third and fifth leaf from all four spring packs. The local spring shop advised me about it. The third is a ride height spring, where the fifth is a stiffener. I had to replace the center bolt on the pack, but that's advisable anyway due to it's age. Just be sure to use grade 8 or higher.

Anyway, the truck came down about 4 inches with a slight forward rake and rode much softer. But it did not hinder the load capacity. Not long after I did it, I helped a friend move some crushed gravel for his driveway. I backed up to big mound of it and we just "avalanched" and shoveled it into the back. When we were done, it was full to the top of the bed and heaped in the middle. My truck rode level and never bottomed out, even with the bumpy road back to the house.

Once I get settled in the new house I'll dig up what picts I have, but they are just general shots and not sequential ones during the build. Hadn't thought of that until much later. :banghead
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

slammedsurfer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Francisco

Post by slammedsurfer »

mine came lowered but I didn't like how it was done. I used dropped springs from eaton up front. the rear axle had been flipped and was too low for the dropped spring height so I flipped the shackles. (which might have been flipped to lower it. not sure the correct orientation)

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

Well,... ok then,... :thinking

So,.. you see, I'm confused (again). So all that to say that you had success lowering your A-100,.. or what? :thinking :study
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

Myhomebrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 44273