WTB - spindle

This area is for the A100 truck and van Enthusiast!
kickthereverb
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Diego

WTB - spindle

Post by kickthereverb »

Hello,
Sorry to make the first post a WTB, but I've been hanging out at the Yahoo group, and a member suggested I try here.
Here goes,
I need a passenger side spindle from an 11" brake setup. Of course it needs to be in good condition (no nicks, no discoloration, no thread damage, etc.). I'm willing to buy a pair if needed.
I also woudln't mind buying a complete front end, but that would have to be in So-Cal, as I'm in San Diego, and prefer not to have such a big item shipped.

So, anyway, you can contact me at mosessco@att.net.
Thanks!
Ran
66 A-100 van

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: WTB - spindle

Post by soopernaut »

I can't help you with the spindle but that name sounds familiar. You must be a member of some other site I frequent. Moparts?

kickthereverb
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by kickthereverb »

Yes - Moparts and Moparchat. I post there from time to time... :salut
Now I was wondering if the spindles are the same as D100 spindles...that would help find them. Anyone know?
Thanks,
Ran

BV1320
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Windsor, ONT

Post by BV1320 »

Ran, any luck??? I do not seem to figure out if D100 spindles are the same . They do list same wheel bearings but I could not find any dimensions . Same king pins,BTW. I talked to Terry B about that and he was not sure either ??? Not often he's answer less. I plan on going to Warhoops oldies yard in Detroit area, they have an A100 carcass laying there... maybe a spindle to be had there. Bobby V.

kickthereverb
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by kickthereverb »

Hi Bobby,
Socttie said he'll be getting a van soon, and I intend to get the pair from him. I was also contacted by another person, and we're in negotiations. I want to have a couple of spares, so if the price is right, I'm open for suggestions...If you find something good and cheap, I'd definitely be up for buying it. Regarding the D100/A100 compatability - I searched through the Yahoo group archives and saw that Terry said in the past that the lightest duty D100 hardware is the same. But if you say he recently said he's not sure, than it makes sense to just play it safe and get an A100 part.