1971 Dodge Power Wagon Emblems

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
soybean

1971 Dodge Power Wagon Emblems

Post by soybean »

:study
Thanks to "Cowboy," Alvin, TX for the advice and invitation to join Sweptline.org.

I have owned a 1971 Dodge truck since 1975 and am the second owner. Originally the truck was a camper special, D200, LWB, PS, PB, A/C, 383 CID engine, 2BBL Carb, Auto Trans, 3.55 to 1 Dana rear axle, front I-Beam, single exhaust, and 2 BBL carburetor. Two years later, I dropped the Auto Trans, I-Beam axle, rear axle, steering column w/gear shift lever, 2 BBL carburetor and intake manifold, and single exhaust system. I replaced them with a Dana 60 Power Lock rear (4.10 to 1), Dana 44 front axle (I believe) 4.09 to 1, New Process 4 speed manual transmission plus reverse and Bell Housing, a transfer case that came out of a 1965 Power Wagon, another 1971 Dodge Truck steering column (minus the column shift lever) dual exhaust system (2-1/2 inch diameter pipes engine to tail pipe and dual mufflers), and a new intake manifold with a 4 BBL Holley Carburetor. I have never seen a factory 1971 Dodge Power Wagon and do not know exactly what the "Power Wagon" emblems look like, but I do know they are not mounted on the hood but rather on the fenders (Sweptlines apparently are rare in Albuquerque, and 71 Power Wagons do not seem to exist here - Ford and Cevy trucks of this era are everywhere however). The 71 Power Wagon photos I've seen on-line do not clearly show the emblems, mostly due to poor shot selection and size of photo. When enlarged, the photos blur badly. If anyone has a good photo or the actual emblems and want to sell them, please let me know. Soybean in Albuquerque, NM

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

The POWER WAGON EMBLEMS are the same on the W-100--200--300 and maybe the 500
I think the changed to the type you need in 1969
e-mail me and I'll send you a picture
McAppys@vtc.net

will see if I can find it as there is some one making reproduction emblems

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

I have a 71 D-100 that was converted to a 4x4 with 86 Power Wagon parts. The former owner searched and found the 71 emblems for it to clone it. Here is a picture of the emblems he put on and claims are correct. He also said he paid $100 for them on ebay.

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

http://imageevent.com/pwjohn/lampbucketsandbummperetts

above site showes pictures of below descriptions

Power Wagon repro. and rebuilt parts
These name plates are cast in zink as orignals, and are as cast. These will need beburring,smoothing,polishing and plating. Most of this can be done by anyone, and is the major cost in having parts plated along with the job of repair after old plating is removed. These name plates were made for me by a professional who knows what he is doing and not by me in my garage. Selling these as cast allows me to sell these at $35.00 each word. Paint em' Plate em' or leave them as is, your choice. Also available are Town Wagon, Town Panel, Dodge name plates and Denver lock out wrenches also rebuilt door latches and wiper motors. John cjlapham@yahoo.com
Date(s): January 14, 2003. Album by cheryl lapham. Photos by cheryl. 1 - 14 of 17 Total. 1211 Visits. Shared

Next 3 | Show all

Power Wagon name plates
These are for the civ. Power wagon 1946-61? and also are correct for 1957 W100, W200 and W500. Reproductions, as cast $70.00Pr. + shipping

Power wagon name plates 002
These are for all four wheel drive Dodge trucks 1958-68 and are used on some later civ. Power Wagon's. These are as cast and are $70.00 Pr. + shipping.

repro Power Wagon nameplates 002
These are for all civ. Power Wagon's from 1946-61? These are as cast and are $70.00Pr.or one set + shipping.

repro Power Wagon nameplates 001
These are for Dodge Std. cab four wheel drive trucks 1958-68 W100, W200, W300 and some W500. These are as cast and are $70.00 Pr.+ shipping

repro Town wagon, Town Panel and Power Wagon nameplate
This is for the rear of Town Wagon's and Town Panels, and mount just under the rear passenger door. These were also used on the later Civ. Power Wagon's on the radiator shroud. This is as cast and is $35.00 + shipping

repro Power Wagon Dodge nameplates 003
This is for the radiator shroud on most Civ. Power Wagon's 1946-61? This is as cast and is $35.00 + shipping

repro Town Wagon and Town Panel nameplates 004
These are for 1955-60 Town Wagon's and Town Panel's but will also fit on the later 1961-66 trucks. These are as cast and are $70.00 Pr. + shipping.

Rebuilt door latches for 1957-67 Dodge trucks
I have been rebuilding door latches for a few years now. I have door latches for most 1957-60 Dodge trucks and 1957-66 Town Wagons and Town Panels. I also have the 1961-67 Dodge truck latches. Rebuilt latches are available in right or left and are $100.00 EA. with rebuildable core or $125.00 out right. I may be able to rebuild other latches[car's] of this era if I have the parts. I have a lot of NOS mopar latches on hand for car's and trucks and am also interested in purchasing cores.

soybean

1971 Power Wagon Emblems

Post by soybean »

Thanks to everyone who replied. You have all helped me a lot.
Speicial thanks to Nfury8 for the outstanding photo of the power wagon emblems on his 1971 D100 Power Wagon. Now I know what they look like. Looks like I will have to drop the Camper Special emblem (its what's on there now) if and when I find ones like yours.
Thanks to HellBellyD100 for his e-mail message.
Thanks to Fred M for information on name plating and letting me know about http://imageevent.com/pwjohn/lampbucketsandbummperetts. By the way, please explain "basket case user"

Soybean in Albuquerque :salut
My email address is z513@aol.com

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Did u ever find your PW emblems? There's no reason to remove the Camper Special emblem. Just add the PW above it. Ive bought a few sets of the emblems off ebay and they always run around $100-120.

soybean

Power Wagon Emblems

Post by soybean »

Yes, I did find the emblems, and I was able to convince the seller to also trade his Dodge D200 emblems for my Dodge Camper Special emblems. He was selling his truck anyway, and gracious enough that he let go of his Dodge D200 emblems.
You are right, I could have just kept the "Dodge Camper Special" insignia. But, half of the "Camper Speical" relief painted script had come unglued (the script is in relief on very thin guage metal) and I thoughtlessy cut it off rather than re-gluing it, and to make things worse the script was badly faded.
I like the Dodge D200 casting better-it has no removable or glued components.
Thanks for your interest. You can see the emblems on the truck at http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=983379
Soybean

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

Hey Soybean, I've been working in Albuquerque for Eclipse Aviation since Feb. 04. We should get together for coffee and bench racing. IM or Email me if ya want.

Don

71powerwagon383

Post by 71powerwagon383 »

Yeah, see MY power wagon has no emblems except the hood letters and dodge fender emblems which are missing the inserts below them, there is just a black plate below it? I also need the tailgate decal becuase some repainted My truck some time ago.

So I guess I need to find some eblems.

Nick