Dana 60 in 1967 D200 now a W200

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
Johns67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ashland
State: MT

Dana 60 in 1967 D200 now a W200

Post by Johns67 »

Hi!~it's been long time.
I noticed after 30 years of owning this truck that my truck goes down the road dog legged.
Meaning the rear wheels don't line up with the front.
There is no adjusting it.
The perches are welded on the axil housing.
I have new lifting blocks in the rear between the perches and the leaf springs.
The rear tires are not wearing and I have a tight front end.
Get this all 3 tires (2 in front and one in the back are even in the wheel well.
The one left rear tires is in the wheel wheel 1 inch deeper than the right wheel.
I thought I'd put a one inch wheel spacer on the left rear wheel to solve the problem.
My friend says to take it to an alignment shop because they have lazor alignment equipment.
It has been like this for a long time.
What do you think?
The last month my Dakota was in the trans shop getting it rebuilt and I drove the 67 to work every day.
Even at -20* in Montana the truck started and got me to work and my grandson to school.
I have new tires after having the same General tires on there since 1986. Funny I bought those tires used.
Still using 2 for spares...they still make Firestone 9.25X16.5 tires and I put them on my antique chrome bullet hole wheels.
It will be exciting to hear from one of you.
Thank you!~Johns67
P.S. My 67 was in you calander for December one year...black and red and snow plow on and 1500lbs round bale on the back.
One member commented on my home made steel pipe grill guard. Said something like it was a killer cow catcher.
I push round bales into the barn with the front end of my truck. One of my friends says it's a real mans truck and wanted to borrow it one day to show off to his grirlfriend.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Dana 60 in 1967 D200 now a W200

Post by Hobcobble »

Good to see you back on the forum. :Thumbsup I used a '68 W100 and a '71 W200 to plow snow
on our property for a few years. Both of them would start up easy in sub zero weather. :Thumbsup

John