Winch & Bumper with Braden FTD-7

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
carlosray
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Milwaukee
State: WI

Winch & Bumper with Braden FTD-7

Post by carlosray »

Hello everyone this is my first post on this site. I have more of a general question for those experienced with the factory winches. An older gentleman that I know is selling the lu-2 winch, winch bumper plus brackets, and the Braden ftd-7 pto with driveshafts. This brings me to my question, should I buy it for my 65 w100 I’m working on or should I pass on the deal? From my understanding they are very hard to find. If it’s a majority yes does anyone know how to use one? I’m only 19 and from what I understand they can be dangerous. I should add he is only asking $1000 with a transfer case included

I apologize if this question has already been answered in any other post. I would appreciate the help, thanks

- Toren

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Winch & Bumper with Braden FTD-7

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

That is an excellent price!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

carlosray wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:21 pm
Hello everyone this is my first post on this site. I have more of a general question for those experienced with the factory winches. An older gentleman that I know is selling the lu-2 winch, winch bumper plus brackets, and the Braden ftd-7 pto with driveshafts. This brings me to my question, should I buy it for my 65 w100 I’m working on or should I pass on the deal? From my understanding they are very hard to find. If it’s a majority yes does anyone know how to use one? I’m only 19 and from what I understand they can be dangerous. I should add he is only asking $1000 with a transfer case included

I apologize if this question has already been answered in any other post. I would appreciate the help, thanks

- Toren
Hope you bought it. :Thumbsup

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

That is a good price for all those parts. I have rebuilt 3 of the LU-2 winches and most parts are still available thru Paccar. I bought my parts thru Airline Hydraulics in PA.

Check out this link for a breakdown of parts:

viewtopic.php?t=20160
1962 W100 - NV4500- LU2 winch Looking for a 4BT!
1965 W200 CC 12 Valve P-Pump, HX35/S475, 5x12s, pushrods, 60# springs, 55 DVs, NV4500
1965 D100-> W100 Town Wagon 225 Slant - NP435

SteveH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Auburn
State: AL

Post by SteveH »

And yes to danger, but only if you’re careless. To really use a gear driven winch you need two people. And they need to communicate,…well. Good luck on your purchase and subsequent conversion. It’ll be cool looking even if you don’t use it for real.