from place to place

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
drush52
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

from place to place

Post by drush52 »

I have been moving my truck from place to place since it was purchased about 10 yrs ago, or so. It is a '63 w200 with a 318 poly, spicer 60 rear with 4.10 gears. Dana 44 in front, 3sp on the floor, all original. I am finally In a position to start on it's journey. I am probably going to commit a " Sacrilegious " act on it that may not be acceptable to " Purists ". Since it has the Poly in it already It fits into the idea of mine. There is another car that used the same engine, but tweaked by the factory. It is a '57 Plymouth Fury that started as a Poly 318 with Dual Carter 4bbl carbs, and a hotter cam. I have purchased the Original Dual Carter Carbs and Manifold. My Dad bought this car new in '57. I have been struggling with weather to use the Power Wagon for it's permanent home or not. I have a '40s Plymouth also. The truck will take some updating to handle that 300hp. It will be a " Tribute " truck to my Dad. I have until next spring to figure it out. Thanks for letting me ramble on and on.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: from place to place

Post by Jims68 »

Let me just say my :2cents and take it with a grain of salt. KEEP the motor and carb setup IN THE 1957 PLYMOUTH Fury! These trucks aren't worth as much as that 57 Plymouth. Now.... unless I misunderstood you and you NEED the Truck Poly to put into the Plymouth, then by all means do that. These trucks don't need to be "number perfect" to be worth anything, but I DO know that the Plymouth is worth 10X more than the truck... You can always get another engine to put into the Truck. Of course these are my opinions. Good Luck and have fun! :salut
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

drush52
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drush52 »

I guess I didn't explain things very well. I do not own a '57 Plymouth Fury, but my dad bought one new. It had the A318 Poly in it w/ some performance upgrades from the factory. It outran a '57 fuel injected Chevy. This is what I have; 1940 Plymouth P10 w/ a 201 flathead 6, 1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe w/ a 230 flathead 6 from the late 50's, the '63 w200 w/ 318 poly., and a stand alone '56 Chrysler 331 Hemi. Lots of options, too many. Thanks for the reply Jim

drush52
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drush52 »

I didn't mean it outran it, it " TOASTED " IT.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Ah.... that sounds better :lol: Actually... it's too bad you don't own your dad's 57 Plymouth. I think they were great looking cars.
ANY of those Forward Look cars are great looking!
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

maybe hemi in one of the cars, build a flathead in another car (lots of support out there for 23 inch mopar flatheads). dual quad the truck and put an OD 5 speed behind poly. and 2 1/2 or 3 inch dual exhaust on both v8s with shuttleworth hi perf mufflers. :Thumbsup