1964 Power Wagon Town Panel - lowering options?

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
druid318
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Topeka
State: KS

1964 Power Wagon Town Panel - lowering options?

Post by druid318 »

So I am the new owner of a 1964 Power Wagon Town Panel, and a 65 parts truck that I will be selling. I do not have the truck in my possession yet. I am having it shipped to me. I knew it was tall, but the guy I'm buying it from says it is 7' 4" tall, 88 inches. I park in a parking garage at work, it isn't marked for height limit. I called the manager and he is sending someone in to measure.

Anyway, is there an easy way to lower this thing a bit? I like the stance it has, but knocking a couple of inches off might be good for the ability to park. I plan to set this thing up as a family hauler / vacation vehicle but it will be my daily driver. Since I can't see under the truck yet I thought I would ask for throughts.

Is this going to be as easy as pulling out a couple of blocks on the leaf springs, or swapping in new springs? I've lowered a 2wd Ranger before, but I'm not sure how these trucks are setup.

Thanks
Rocky
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 1964 Power Wagon Town Panel - lowering options?

Post by Hobcobble »

Put up some photos of the undercarriage when you have
the Town Wagon. It looks like someone has jacked it up
a little from its stock height. It will be better to see what
you're working with. :idea :2cents :welcome :usa
John

druid318
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Topeka
State: KS

Re: 1964 Power Wagon Town Panel - lowering options?

Post by druid318 »

Climbing under it will be high on my list of things to do when it gets here. I bought it sight unseen so I hope it is in good shape.