NEED TO IDENTIFY HOLES ON '68 DASH - SEE PICS

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

NEED TO IDENTIFY HOLES ON '68 DASH - SEE PICS

Post by ebodyboy »

HELLO again. I will try to upload several photos to see if anyone (I'm sure someone) will be able to post the individual locations (per the holes in the dash). I suspect there may be a brace or two that consumes some of the bottom holes?
Please and thank-you.
I will Submit this now - lest I lose it. Then I will add photos via the Editing feature - - if I'm able to.
Attachments
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1550.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: NEED TO IDENTIFY HOLES ON '68 DASH - SEE PICS

Post by 712edf »

On a 65 W500 cab I parted out, I think hole "A" had a hazard flasher switch. And the headlight switch went into "B" or "C".

Some of the things I recall removing were Ignition switch (which you have correct), Choke cable, 2 cables marked "V" for vent (one left, one right, they weren't next to each other side by side), "D" cable for defroster, "H" cable for heater, "W" knob for wiper switch, "B" cable for blower.
My W600 has a cable for throttle.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Thanks for input and ideas. I suppose the 'drop-down' cables are as I expect. I still need to know what all the other 'holes' are for. Anyone have a 'daily-driver' for reference?
So, 'D' would connect to left side of heater assembly - - to allow air to flow either to floor - or to upper (defrost) vents? And, 'H' would go thru firewall to heater-hose water valve? And, 'B' is for the blower motor itself? Anyone else? Thanks. :salut

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North Bend
State: WA

Post by spesce »

Here you go. The H knob is the only one missing now as I have not installed the heater box. Let me know if you need additional pictures.

Steve 1968 W200 Crew Cab.
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck
66 Ocelot Corvair powered Dune Buggy

alltorquedup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hershey
State: PA

Post by alltorquedup »

Here's a few of my 68. I'm assuming the clock isn't original on mine.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I have a plug where his choke cable is as I do not have a manual choke

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Thanks, guys, this helps. Let me know if I got these figured out.

'A'= emergency flasher, 'B'= headlites, 'C'= Brake-light lense?, 'D'= Choke?, 'E'= Wipers? - - - is that a knob to immediate right of Choke?

That leaves me with the other (mostly non-switches) holes - - - F-H-K-L-N-O-P-S-T. Okay? Take a peek at underside of dash. Thanks. :idea

Oh, and to Steve - I love the way you painted cluster bezel body-color and left off the alum piece - super sharp. :salut

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

Hazard Flasher/Headlight switch/Brake light lens/Choke are all left of steering column. Wiper is to the right of Ignition switch I think.

I don't know about the holes that are below your light of sight (when seated in truck). I suppose they are where some braces bolt.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spesce »

quote]'A'= emergency flasher, 'B'= headlites, 'C'= Brake-light lense?, 'D'= Choke?, 'E'= Wipers? - - - is that a knob to immediate right of Choke?
[/quote]
Yes there is a knob to the right of "D" Choke. This is my dome light that must be only on a crew-cab.

Other than the ignition and the wiper, I only have one more hole in my dash which I just added an air horn button. I actually don't what that hole originally was, but it has a nice rubber grommet that my air horn switch fit perfectly in.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Of course I have more questions. :study One would be how many under-dash braces and where located. I have four pieces here and two are same - and similar to front fender braces. Another is longer with 'wire-loom?' support piece at one end and third has significant 'bend' in middle. I can take pics.
Now, about the Vent cables. The right-side seemed to have bracket at knob end that attached (welded) underneath dash - near to glove box. Anyone confirm? - or have picture?
I could also use a couple photos from underneath (by fuse-box) as I have NO idea where to attach it - then where left-side vent cable goes and which hole in firewall does the H - cable pass thru. I suspect it is one nearest to heater (coolant) pipe?

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spesce »

I will take a gopro video of the dash and underneath tonight or tomorrow and post for your use. The H cable on mine goes to the heater box which is where my valve is and does not go thru the firewall.
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

This is fun ( :banghead ). If I take longer than about 4 minutes to Submit OR Preview, my posting is gone - - - POOF. I am directed to Log In again, as mentioned more than once in the past, and once in again, the Draft is gone and have to start from scratch. Ooops, I'd better Preview this or - - -.

Any info or pictures are appreciated. I have two heater assemblies. The one I installed has that piece on the top that has 3 electrical blades. I do not know yet what part of 'harness' will attach.
Okay, I Posted this much - - now I Edit. Both trucks (this one plus the '66 Donor) have water valves that attach to right-inner fender - about 8?inches before inlet pipe on firewall. So, I assume cable has to go thru somewhere. I suspect it could go from the dash (left to right) underneath and then come out thru a (about 7/16") hole near the inlet pipe. I'll play it by ear - whatever is easiest or 'cleanest'.

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spesce »

On mine the heater valve is in the heater box. I can take good pictures of this as well as this is the last item to install. I can easily show you the wiring for the box as it is hanging from underneath the dash.
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spesce »

This is fun ( :banghead ). If I take longer than about 4 minutes to Submit OR Preview, my posting is gone - - - POOF. I am directed to Log In again, as mentioned more than once in the past, and once in again, the Draft is gone and have to start from scratch. Ooops, I'd better Preview this or - - -.
This must be a setting on your computer. I started to respond to your post last night and left the office and came back this morning and finished responding without losing any info.....
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

I figure it's because I'm still somewhat of a 'newbie' - and haven't put in enough time yet. :thinking :lol:

Well, now it's Saturday afternoon so I will add some more info and update.
I noticed on the one picture that the left side 'V' knob is mounted on kick-panel metal. I will have figure mine out as the 'L'-bracket is still attached to cable near black knob. That will take care of the LEFT side vent - so that only leaves the RIGHT side. Doesn't the (right-side) vent cable initiate at the BLOWER knob - - since the cable passes thru the (blower) switch? This cable would have a 'B' and not a 'V' on knob, would it not? When activating the BLOWER, wouldn't the cable first be pulled - to open right-upper vent (prior to blower being turned on) otherwise there is NO air to supply blower? Or am I missing something - - (besides a few chromosomes)? :lol:

So, IF there are TWO VEES on the dash - please describe exactly where they would be installed AND where they would terminate. thanks.

spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spesce »

you are correct in both instances. Only one V know at the drivers side kick panel and the right side vent connected to the blower B knob. I will send you a PM to send the video of the under dash and heater box.
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

Both of my '68 D100 trucks:
Attachments
Headlight, emergency flasher, brake waning light, fill plug in the second truck.
Headlight, emergency flasher, brake waning light, fill plug in the second truck.
Heater and defroster controls in the second truck
Heater and defroster controls in the second truck
Blower fan, ignition, cigarette lighter
Blower fan, ignition, cigarette lighter
Defroster and heater controls
Defroster and heater controls
Headlight switch, brake warning light, hazard flashers, fill plug
Headlight switch, brake warning light, hazard flashers, fill plug
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Thanks, Patrick, excellent pics and info - - - except a bit vague about photo with (cool, OEM?) shifter in middle. Could you elaborate on ALL the knobs - and where is W knob? Shouldn't it be to right of Ign.?
Is that black knob the lighter and what about extreme right - partially cut off.
One more question - my Dash has (integral) speaker grill on top and NO provision for (even factory) radio - AND NO ashtray. Is this common?

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

The radio's were apparently a dealer installed option so it would not be cut out from the factory before 69 (and in the case of early years, it is only 3 holes drilled in to allow the bulb :idea and 2 knobs to pass through - not a huge hole or anything)

The ash tray is a seperate item below the dash in 68
Attachments
blank plug next to brake "light"
blank plug next to brake "light"
ash tray and cigar lighter are in my own mounted locations
ash tray and cigar lighter are in my own mounted locations

RoukoSadra
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hawk Springs
State: WY

Post by RoukoSadra »

I can't tell if you have a vent knob hole by the glove box or not. On my truck its got a V knob for the passengers comfort it seems. I'll get some pictures of my knobs on here today