YET ANOTHER (SILLY) QUESTION re: brackets

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

YET ANOTHER (SILLY) QUESTION re: brackets

Post by ebodyboy »

]Okay, here goes - I am only asking this because, as I mentioned more than once already, the truck parts were given to me in several boxes, buckets and milk-crates. This generation of 'pick-up' in no way resembles the trucks from '72 onward. I am further proving this after emptying large pail of (entire) wiring harnesses and switches onto pavement for sorting, cleaning and detailing. Nothing was previously marked.
Anyway, I would like to know what the pictured brackets are for. I quite honestly could figure them out - in time - but am probably not at the point (yet) that I need them. :study
IMG_1496.jpg
Attachments
IMG_1495.jpg

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Re: YET ANOTHER (SILLY) QUESTION re: brackets

Post by dodgeboykim »

Top pic is front frame/cab(not sure what side) :thinking mount and other two brackets are front bumper.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Okay - - now we are getting somewhere. Can you elaborate on top bracket? - like where and how does it sit? I do feel silly about bumper brackets, but, like I stated, I am not at that point in time yet. Thanks for input.
Now, while I have your attention, any ideas on where to get separate clutch disc? Read and reply to the thread topic. :study
Oh, and while I am in a purchasing mood, anyone in my country have spare right-rear brake cable, about 71-inch casing, that will install in the 12-inch drum -- for reasonable price?
(I am still 'smarting' from latest 'south of the border' purchase). :puke

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

dodgeboykim wrote:Top pic is front frame/cab(not sure what side) :thinking mount and other two brackets are front bumper.
Well, I took 'mystery bracket' underneath and it didn't take too long to match up the five holes in right-side frame rail with five holes in bracket. I am guessing that the T-case shifter handles/plate mounts to top of this bracket, but, no idea why the large, round hole on top (of bracket). Bumper brackets seem fine but only two fasteners for each one?? :shame

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by dodgeboykim »

If you have the chrome/painted stock front bumper for your truck your picture only shows the brackets that mount to frame and 2 holes nearest to frame ends. Their is 2 more long brackets that bolt to side of frame further back and to the bolt holes closer to end of bumper. Their I'm guessing 12to14 inchs long. :thinking
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

dougdodgeman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: belleville,il.

Post by dougdodgeman »

The top bracket is the mount for the transfer case levers for the twin stick cases, and the lower 2 are the pillow block bearing brackets for the pto shaft ,for the front mounted winch. Doug

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

dougdodgeman wrote:The top bracket is the mount for the transfer case levers for the twin stick cases, and the lower 2 are the pillow block bearing brackets for the pto shaft ,for the front mounted winch. Doug
Well, I figured it was a 'good bet' that bumper would hang on something a bit more 'sturdy' - ie: more surface area. I will await more parts to be brought over to see if the (mystery) brackets are included. thanks, guys.
Oh, and that (OEM) bell-housing is absolutely huge and heavy. I had anticipated installing everything from back to front - - T-case first, then tranny, and engine, but it kind of looks like (bell-housing) must be attached to engine PRIOR to the flywheel - and maybe disc and P.P. Makes me ponder just who were the Chryco engineers of that era? :clap Next thing people will tell me is that the 2-wheel drive (D-series) trucks (of that era) still used KING-PINS! :joker

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by dodgeboykim »

dougdodgeman wrote:The top bracket is the mount for the transfer case levers for the twin stick cases, and the lower 2 are the pillow block bearing brackets for the pto shaft ,for the front mounted winch. Doug

That is probably correct. Been sometime since I have had a W series truck blown into that many pieces. :pale

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

dougdodgeman wrote: and the lower 2 are the pillow block bearing brackets for the pto shaft ,for the front mounted winch. Doug
Or possibly the t-case cross member frame brackets [2 of 4]
John :thinking :2cents

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR
State: OR

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

Top pic is definitely t-case shifter bracket, bottom pic is definitely front bumper brackets (yeah, they're pretty weak considering what they're supposed to do LOL)
'66 Cummins W250 5 spd crew cab long bed
'67 W200 Cummins, never-ending project
'74 Ramcharger Cummins 5 speed
'02 24v quad cab 6 speed dually 4x4

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Okay, thanks for now, gents. I hope to know more once I get the bumper - soon. Now I'm off to post (yet another) 'silly' question. I just LOVE picking your brains. :thinking :lol: