re: frustrating site - NEED STEERING COLUMN PICS

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

re: frustrating site - NEED STEERING COLUMN PICS

Post by ebodyboy »

Happens every time. I LOG-IN, type my question and then, if I have to go away for maybe 5 minutes, then come back and POST my question, I am again asked to Log-In but when I do, my question is gone for good - and I have to do it all over again. HOW ABOUT SOME LONGER 'IDLE-TIME' BEFORE WE ARE 'SHUT-DOWN'?

So, I've just wasted my precious Log-In time some more - how ironic!
I will make it quick - then Edit.
I need some photos, sketches and/or description of where the small parts (primarily two small and one large springs) go in the (1968) Fargo steering column. :idea

Now, I am Editing - so the clock is again running down. I do NOT want any FSM pages. They show me nothing. I need a description of where the parts are located. I got this column in pieces and pretty much know where the washers, signal switch and horn parts go - but the springs concern me. Also, I would like to know what goes into the very bottom of the 'tube' as there is nothing available. I have done many car columns and most have some type of (nylon?) bushing at the very bottom. Thank-you in advance.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: re: frustrating site - NEED STEERING COLUMN PICS

Post by Hobcobble »

I'm not sure if your problem is site or computer related? In the
meantime, if you have to leave your computer and you've begun
a post.... click/drag copy what you've typed in case you get bucked
off. :idea :2cents

Hang in there on the parts placement question.... I'm sure someone
can get to you soon. :Thumbsup
John

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

I have an old picture that may be helpful. I dont recall there being two small springs:thinking If there are I would assume one went on each side of the bearing.I just dont remember there being one above the bearing,but its been a while.The large spring goes under the horn button.The bottom of the coloumn had nothing but a dust boot,no bushing is required there.
spring.jpg
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Post by dodgeboykim »

I seem to auto log out after a few hours. Not sure of exact time. :thinking Cant help on column pics .

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

It's been a long time since I had mine apart... but this pic shows an actual 1968 column. NOTE the springs. One (#6) is at the top just under the steering wheel. The other one (#2) is below the "ring" (#3) on the steel shaft. DigDugs picture shows that more clearly. TAKE NOTE of where the steering wheel should go in the photo. That part is in light blue and marked as such. That is about all I can say... from memory. The numbers are in order of install.
Attachments
239P4010003.JPG
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

When ever I decide to leave this site, instead of "logging out", first I click on the "mark forums read", then after that occurs I click on the "delete board cookies' (then "yes") at the bottom of the page. This logs me out & I usually don't have any problems with this site.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Okay, thanks for the friendly reminder. I see it now. I could not find my 3 week old posting - no matter what I 'clicked' on, and, I was never notified that I had any responses. Now I see for first time the picture from 'jims68' - with parts laid-out. I will study and see what I have or what may be missing. Again, thanks (to all) for input and my apologies for repeating my original Thread-post - - and for being such a pain. :shame :shame '
However, if I still do not finish a reply - post haste - I get 'turfed'. I am not into dragging and dropping and copying and pasting because, since about 1999, I've never had to do this. If I go into (log-in to) any other such site, ie: allpar.com, no matter what I do there, I never have to keep 're-logging in' - especially while composing something. .

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Post by dodgeboykim »

ebodyboy wrote:However, if I still do not finish a reply - post haste - I get 'turfed'. I am not into dragging and dropping and copying and pasting because, since about 1999, I've never had to do this. If I go into (log-in to) any other such site, ie: allpar.com, no matter what I do there, I never have to keep 're-logging in' - especially while composing something. .

Not sure myself why you have problems. I never seem to have problems and I post enough times. You can save draft if you walk away. I do sometimes. :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

When I finish reading posts or even creating a post, I just hit the X on my Tab and that closes. I also have the BOX Checked for "Stay signed in" and also I have cookies enabled for this site (at least I think there are cookies?) Just a thought!
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Well, I've learned to type even faster, so the issue about being 'cut-off' in more under control. :lol: I should point out one more time that it had nothing to do with me 'Logging-Out' but only as a result of taking too long to compose and Submit (whatever post). Sometimes we tend to leave the room for a few minutes - and then return and resume typing - and then Submit minutes after that. By then it may be too late and message gone - POOF!
Anyway (before this one goes 'POOF') I'd better get to the point.
Column assembled and installed just fine - no issues and definitely not 'rocket-science' I had some other 'duplicate' parts but not a concern. Thanks to those who provided diagrams and messages. I am now going to post a NEW thread - - - and the frustration contiues. :banghead