D100 lift?

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
trappermat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Watertown
State: SD

D100 lift?

Post by trappermat »

So i am possibly looking at restoring a swept line but it isn't a power wagon. i think its early 60's How far would it have to be raised to fit 35's and most likely t case out of a first gen? will it look almost identical to a power wagon when lifted?

poorboy4wd
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: barrington
State: NH

Re: D100 lift?

Post by poorboy4wd »

If your d100 springs are in decent shape your best bet is just to put a 4wd axle under it. From what I hear some people have used the d100 springs in there newer trucks to achieve a bit more height in the front. I've got 4" rough country lift springs from a 72-93 truck in mine and its not super tall but could probably clear 36" tires. There are some pictures of it in my build thread with 33" tires for mock up. Keep in mind if you use newer lift springs you will have to relocate the rear spring and shackle hangers rearward about 1 1/2". The rear centerpin in the springs is offset toward the front of the spring unlike ours stock springs which has a centered pin eye to eye. Doing this will keep there's rear wheel centered in the wheel well. Fronts are interchangeable swept line to lifestyle body trucks. .
Hand me my hat. Excuse me man, where's the door