Drag Link

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
BlueManCrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: west richland
State: WA

Drag Link

Post by BlueManCrew »

Does anyone know of a place to get a economical 1969 W200 steering drag link. Seems like the adjustable versions trend over $250. Does anyone have a part number for the basic stock part?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Drag Link

Post by dodgeboykim »

Unless you can find a good used one, Their is not a lot you can do without spending bucks.

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

I will 2nd that. It is money well spent though. I had been driving a sloppy one for years and the new one made the truck drive like new. Well...
Definitly worth it though.

BlueManCrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: west richland
State: WA

Post by BlueManCrew »

Ok, I suppose it could be worse. This was a D200 converted to a W200. I'm not sure what year the axles and steering gear came from. When I look for drag links it appears that there is a difference between 68 and 69. Is there a simple rule of thumb to tell the difference?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

BlueManCrew wrote:Ok, I suppose it could be worse. This was a D200 converted to a W200. I'm not sure what year the axles and steering gear came from. When I look for drag links it appears that there is a difference between 68 and 69. Is there a simple rule of thumb to tell the difference?
Slightly different bend( height offset) due to difference in height of truck from spring change 68 to 69. Used a 66/68 W100 drag link in a 71 W200 I used to own.Worked fine. If you raise the 69 a bit the older style drag link will benefit the increase in height a bit.