1968 W200 Crewcab interior questions

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North Bend
State: WA

1968 W200 Crewcab interior questions

Post by spesce »

The truck is almost finished being restored and is being assembled. I posted a previous post about shoulder belts, which most likely I will install. Even without a crumple zone! I would like to save my teeth if I can't stop this thing with drum brakes and 38"s.

Other questions are:
- I have the original interior cardboard panels that go on both sides of the post between the front and rear windows. They are not in good enough condition to install them in a newly restored truck, but I would like to see if I can duplicate these if possible. I have not seen any pictures of these in a truck. Does anyone have any pictures of these panels so I can get ideas on material options and looks?

- Similarly, there is two large headliner panels that I have never seen pictures of. My truck had carpet glued to the ceiling in these two areas. These areas are now freshly painted. I need to install something in these panels for both insulation and for looks. Does anyone have pictures of these headliner panels? Also, how were they attached? Clips, is so can you send a picture? What material are they made from (material over cardboard backing)? Any info, pictures or ideas would be great!!!!

Thanks everyone!
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck
66 Ocelot Corvair powered Dune Buggy