shoulder belts?

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
spesce
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North Bend
State: WA

shoulder belts?

Post by spesce »

My 1968 Crewcab W200 has threaded locations for shoulder belts in both the front and rear locations. Did these ever have shoulder belts? When did Dodge start including this option?
Steve
North Bend, WA
68 W200 Crewcab
45 Dodge Dump Truck
66 Ocelot Corvair powered Dune Buggy

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: shoulder belts?

Post by digdoug »

The hole turned up in 68.I have never seen a stock shoulder strap in a swepty.
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Maybe Ma Mopar was anticipating a safety change from the bureaucrats that never came about. :thinking

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

digdoug wrote:The hole turned up in 68.I have never seen a stock shoulder strap in a swepty.
My '68 has no holes for shoulder belts.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I used the shoulder belt holes in mine (they had little buttons in them) to mount new 3 point belts.

The problem I have is that the hole is pretty high so the belt cuts into my neck a little. I wish I could find a set of belts (now that I've spent a good bit on these from Snappin Turtle) that has a lead length that places the point lower. I plan on trying a child seat adjuster to bring it a little lower..... for now I just have pads on the belts. My old belts were crap. I threw them away as they would not have been safe for resale. They would loosen up as you drive. :pale

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

wally426ci wrote:I used the shoulder belt holes in mine (they had little buttons in them) to mount new 3 point belts.

The problem I have is that the hole is pretty high so the belt cuts into my neck a little. I wish I could find a set of belts (now that I've spent a good bit on these from Snappin Turtle) that has a lead length that places the point lower. I plan on trying a child seat adjuster to bring it a little lower..... for now I just have pads on the belts. My old belts were crap. I threw them away as they would not have been safe for resale. They would loosen up as you drive. :pale
I stand corrected...I do have holes with buttons, every time I look up that way I'm amazed that they put a wire coat hook up behind the seat, and mine is still there. That was right around the time that the Government started with the pollution stuff too. I think Ma Mopar anticipated it as they were the last of the Big 3 to put smog pumps and pollution controls in. CA vehicles started getting worse then also. I'd be damned to put shoulder belts back in my Challenger, it took me a couple of days to put a headliner in it, I hate them and I wasn't going to cut holes in it.

welderseries
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Breslau
State: Foreign

Post by welderseries »

I found seat belts with an 8" shoulder extension option: https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelt ... 25/view/63