Fargo info

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
sarookha
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Alba
State: TX

Fargo info

Post by sarookha »

From what I can tell, there isn't any official information available on Fargo light truck production. But does anyone know of any other sources of information for '60s era Fargos? How can I tell what is factory stock and what is a later modification, if there is no build sheet and no factory data available?

Thanks! David

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Fargo info

Post by dodgeboykim »

VIN should denote if its a FARGO or DODGE and also if it came from CANADA as that is where most would be from. They use the same build platform and options as a DODGE. You can even put FARGO letters into same holes as DODGE.

DukePW
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sarnia, ON

Post by DukePW »

Yup,
Just minor differences in Fargo's like the radio, steering wheel (some times), the vin tag is put on with philips screws not rivets, badging and tailgates of course. The production numbers are not published, I had to contact Chrysler Canada to get mine for the year and model

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

sarookha wrote: How can I tell what is factory stock and what is a later modification, if there is no build sheet and no factory data available?

Thanks! David
It depends on the item(s). Some of it you may not be able to tell. Other things like engine, transmission, axles, wrong year parts, etc., would be easy enough to spot.