67 W-100 is it a powerwagon

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
casey86cuda
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Terrell
State: TX

67 W-100 is it a powerwagon

Post by casey86cuda »

Hello all new to the board have owned several mopars but this is my first truck.My question is the W-100 4x4 considered a powerwagon truck is swb has 3/4 8 lug axles doesnt say powerwagon on it 318 4 speed can you tell me if its a rare truck.Is there a way to tell what gears are in it and what kind a axles I have Dana 44,60 etc.Truck came from Wyoming I live in texas plan on using on my property as Im by my self alot just need a good 4x4 truck and this truck came and I love it a dodge.Any help I would really appreciate it.Thanks Shawn
Attachments
2014-12-01 20.53.55_resized_1.jpg

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: 67 W-100 is it a powerwagon

Post by dodgeboykim »

W denotes a 4 wheel drive and a W100 did indeed have 3/4 ton axles in it but it was considered a half ton pick up. Dana 60 rear and front Dana 44 3000 lb closed knuckle . VIN plate should tell gear ratio , But you could pull the diff covers and read the info on ring gear . This will also tell you if it has a SURE GRIP. Good time to change oil. Gearing could be 4:10 or 4:88. Not sure what others were available. Have fun. :Thumbsup

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 67 W-100 is it a powerwagon

Post by Hobcobble »

casey86cuda wrote:Hello all new to the board have owned several mopars but this is my first truck.My question is the W-100 4x4 considered a powerwagon truck is swb has 3/4 8 lug axles doesnt say powerwagon on it 318 4 speed can you tell me if its a rare truck.Is there a way to tell what gears are in it and what kind a axles I have Dana 44,60 etc.Truck came from Wyoming I live in texas plan on using on my property as Im by my self alot just need a good 4x4 truck and this truck came and I love it a dodge.Any help I would really appreciate it.Thanks Shawn
Welcome Shawn, :welcome :usa
As Kim pointed out, much of your information will be found on the
VIN tag in the driver's door jam. Gear ratio possibilities.... 3.54, 4.10 and 4.88.
The stock axles are the Dana 60 and Dana 44 closed knuckle. You'll need to
check on large or small knuckle as well. They're easy to tell apart just by
looking [in addition to the VIN tag data]. If it is an original W100, there
would have been POWER WAGON emblems on either side of the hood. :study
John