Another axle question for a dummy.

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
sampson78
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Union Hill TN
State: TN

Another axle question for a dummy.

Post by sampson78 »

Hey Guys, I am the first one to say I am ignorant of Power Wagons. I have studied and studied on how to put a 93 dana 60 up front. I want stock style steering. I don't care bout power steering. I have a ton of d100 stuff enough to build a couple more trucks. I like the brakes casue I want to pull my D100 to shows with it. Powerwagons are not readily avalibe in TN. I was wanting to stay with a 69 to 71 setup. I have a rough old 93 diesel auto that I thought of using. I even thought of swapping the 6bt to a 4bt. But I have a couple options for Big block NP435. Main question what steering parts will I need or can I even do it without swapping the knuckles.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Another axle question for a dummy.

Post by dodgeboykim »

sampson78 wrote:Hey Guys, I am the first one to say I am ignorant of Power Wagons. I have studied and studied on how to put a 93 dana 60 up front. I want stock style steering. I don't care bout power steering. I have a ton of d100 stuff enough to build a couple more trucks. I like the brakes casue I want to pull my D100 to shows with it. Powerwagons are not readily avalibe in TN. I was wanting to stay with a 69 to 71 setup. I have a rough old 93 diesel auto that I thought of using. I even thought of swapping the 6bt to a 4bt. But I have a couple options for Big block NP435. Main question what steering parts will I need or can I even do it without swapping the knuckles.
Not sure exactly what is needed to put a 93 DANA 60 in a Sweptline and stay with stock steering. Lower shock mounts for one. As for the knuckles, The closed knuckles will not interchange with the 93 60. Totally different if that's what you ask. :thinking

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

sampson78 wrote:Hey Guys, I am the first one to say I am ignorant of Power Wagons. I have studied and studied on how to put a 93 dana 60 up front. I want stock style steering. I don't care bout power steering. I have a ton of d100 stuff enough to build a couple more trucks. I like the brakes casue I want to pull my D100 to shows with it. Powerwagons are not readily avalibe in TN. I was wanting to stay with a 69 to 71 setup. I have a rough old 93 diesel auto that I thought of using. I even thought of swapping the 6bt to a 4bt. But I have a couple options for Big block NP435. Main question what steering parts will I need or can I even do it without swapping the knuckles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

What truck do you have now??

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

sampson78
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Union Hill TN
State: TN

Post by sampson78 »

I have a 71 D100 frame. And a friend has a 3/4 frame, but its been chopped up a bit. I want to pull my D100 to shows and play around a little. The old diesel I have swapped for is pretty rough. Main reason I like it is that it has 307 gears. With a granny four and low on transfer the 307s should be fine. I thought of putting a 440 in it but probably will opt for a 383 to let it run a few more rpm. I did not know if any steering set up that would be fairly easy. If not I am gonna save the diesel and use all of it for a ramcharger. I just have a really good sweptline body sitting waiting to build a powerwagon. And I loved the Weird Al video from the other reply.