'63 w-200

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
drush52
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

'63 w-200

Post by drush52 »

Just joined the site yesterday! I have a '63 Dodge w-200 with a 318 poly, original engine and the truck was used by the Forest Service in Washington State. It is all original with either 69k or 169k miles. It has a 3 speed on the floor with a Dana 60 in the rear w/ 4:10 gears. I will be taking the 318 out of the Dodge and putting it in a '40 Plymouth that I purchased last year. I'm building a " Tribute car " in memory of my late Father. He had a '57 Plymouth Fury w/ the v-800 engine, which was a 318 Poly w/dual Carter WCFB carbs. I have purchased the Carbs w/ the original manifold. I was wondering if anyone knows the weight and dimensions of the 318 poly, or where I may find them? I also wanted to add a A-518 or a 46rh overdrive tranny to the car, but I can't find an Transmission Adapter for the Poly, could anyone help me with this?

Glad to be aboard. drush52

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: '63 w-200

Post by dodgeboykim »

drush52 wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows the weight and dimensions of the 318 poly, or where I may find them? I also wanted to add a A-518 or a 46rh overdrive tranny to the car, but I can't find an Transmission Adapter for the Poly, could anyone help me with this?
Not sure of the dimensions but the trans will bolt to block missing one bolt but as for the torque convertor , Not sure what needs to be done. I bet its a fairly simple deal though. :welcome Someone will offer the advice you need.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site. :welcome :usa What are your plans for the W200
once you harvest the engine for your tribute project?
John

drush52
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by drush52 »

:thinking I would love to keep it but, that is not very realistic, considering the Funds are only there for one build. I have a '55 Chrysler 331 Hemi that I could sell with the W-200, if that is something they want. The engine is apart and will need rebuilding, the skies the limit.